Re: ACTION Re: xml:id and CSS

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 05:38:40 +0200
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

On Monday, September 12, 2005, 5:10:36 PM, Norman wrote:

NW> Given that xml:id has gone to Rec, this can probably be filed under
NW> better late than never. :-)

NW> At the 19 Apr 2005, I took an action[1] to "point out to the Core WG
NW> that it would be good to get the CSS working group to buy into xml:id".

NW> We did discuss it with them (I don't seem to have a pointer handy,
NW> sorry) and they added wording to the latest spec--see the final
NW> paragraph of the section "5.9 ID selectors"[2].

Also in the better late than never category, I trust that you have seen
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/#at-risk

Support for multiple ID attributes for the ID selector

    Because implementations are not expected to support multiple
    IDs per element soon, this feature may be made informative.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG