Re: ACTION Re: xml:id and CSS

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:24:18 +0200
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>, www-tag@w3.org, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Quoting Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>:
> Also in the better late than never category, I trust that you have seen
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/#at-risk
>
> Support for multiple ID attributes for the ID selector
>
>    Because implementations are not expected to support multiple
>    IDs per element soon, this feature may be made informative.

That is solely about #foo#bar (selecting an element which has two or more IDs
using those two or more IDs in the selector) and not really relevant to CSS
mentioning xml:id or not.

As UAs currently have not implemented this mechanims and most UAs do not even
support multiple IDs on an element using xml:id, DOM Level 3 Core and
namespace
specific ID attributes, it is likely that this feature will therefore be made
non normative.

Kind regards,

Anne

--