W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > February 2005

Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2005 February 16

From: Sandra Martinez <sandra.martinez@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:56:34 -0500
Message-Id: <6.0.0.22.2.20050216105552.01e9b578@mailserver.nist.gov>
To: "Paul Grosso" <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Cc: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

Regrets.

Sandra
At 10:51 AM 2/14/2005, Paul Grosso wrote:

>We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday,
>February 16, from
>           08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
>           11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
>           16:00-17:00 UTC
>           16:00-17:00 in Ireland and the UK
>           17:00-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe
>on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
>We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .
>
>See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
>and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
>email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.
>
>Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
>completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
>at the beginning of the call.
>
>Agenda
>======
>1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
>
>
>2. Miscellaneous administrivia.
>
>The next W3C Technical Plenary Week will be 28 February 2005
>through 4 March 2005:
>      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/TPOverview.html
>      http://www.w3.org/2004/12/allgroupoverview.html
>
>The XML Core WG f2f meeting days will be Thursday and Friday,
>March 3rd and 4th.  Wednesday is the Plenary day to which all
>XML Core WG members are invited.
>
>Register for the meeting at:
>http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TP2005/
>
>Register at the hotel:
>http://www.w3.org/2004/12/allgroupoverview.html#Venue.
>The negotiated room rate at the meeting hotel, Hyatt Harborside,
>http://harborside.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml is $139 (plus
>12.45% tax); this discount rate expires 5 February 2005.
>
>We have a tentative meeting time with the TAG on Thursday
>has been RESCHEDULED to the end of Thursday morning.  We
>might find ourselves discussing "XML 2.0".
>
>
>3.  XLink update.
>
>Our WG Note "Extending XLink 1.0" has been published:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-xlink10-ext-20050127/
>
>W3C staff have been asked to start drafting an XML Core WG
>charter modification that would (if approved by the AC)
>allow us to work on XLink 1.0.  Said charter mod will also
>probably hand us maintenance of the C14N spec(s?).
>
>
>4. XML errata.  The published 1.0 errata document is [8], the
>    published 1.1 errata document is [9], and the NEW PUBLIC
>    Potential Errata (PE) document is [7].
>
>
>5. Namespaces in XML.
>
>   Ongoing ACTION to Richard:  Produce a draft for NS1.0 2nd Ed.
>
>Paul checked with W3C folks about whether we can
>fold editorial errata from 1.1 back into 1.0 2nd Ed
>and our plan is acceptable:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Nov/0041
>
>Richard pointed out a namespace comment at
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-names-editor/2004Dec/0000
>which requests something which is almost a different kind of schema.
>
>ACTION to Richard:  Send email outlining the issue and your suggested
>resolution.
>
>
>6. Xinclude Rec was published 2004 December 30 at:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xinclude-20041220/
>
>It has been brought to my attention that we apparently failed
>to look at the public XInclude comments list for comments
>received during the PR review which is basically the October
>archives for this list:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-xinclude-comments/2004Oct/
>We will treat these are errata.
>
>DV volunteers to be editor of the XInclude errata process.
>
>ACTION to DV:  Create a PE document for XInclude.
>
>
>7. xml:id.
>
>The CR was published (2005 Feb 8) at
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/CR-xml-id-20050208/
>
>The (public) xml:id LC issues is at:
>http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/xml-id/lc-status/status-report.html
>The LC DoC is at:
>http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/01/xml-id-lc-doc.html
>Our implementation report is at
>http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/01/xml-id-implementation.html
>We have a test suite cover page at
>http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/xml-id/
>
>The issue of xml:id vrs C14N and the definition of
>namespaces is ongoing, originally in the xml:id
>comments list and now on the www-tag list.  It seems
>likely that the TAG will pick up some issue out of this.
>
>I'm not sure how or if this should affect our CR period,
>but for now, I'm assuming it doesn't.
>
>
>8.  Associating stylesheets
>     We have had several requests to issue some clarifications
>     on use of fragment identifiers in URIs to referenced
>     stylesheets:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2005Feb/0022
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2005Feb/0030
>
>
>9.  absolutivity of [base URI]
>     Norm has asked a question about the absolutivity of [base URI]:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2005Feb/0031
>
>
>10. XML 1.1 and C1 control characters
>     Norm has raised a question about the need to escape C1 control
>     characters in XML 1.1 (which is backward incompatible with XML 1.0):
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2005Feb/0033
>
>
>paul
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
>[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
>[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2005Feb/0020
>[7]
>http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/02/proposed-xml10-3e-and-xml11-errata.html
>[8] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-3e-errata
>[9] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V11-1e-errata

Sandra I. Martinez
National Institute of Standards and Technology
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970,
Gaithersburg, Md. 20899

(301) 975-3579
sandra.martinez@nist.gov
Received on Wednesday, 16 February 2005 15:56:48 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:32 GMT