W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > September 2004

Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2004 September 8

From: Sandra Martinez <sandra.martinez@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:01:20 -0400
Message-Id: <6.0.0.22.2.20040908110109.01e929d0@mailserver.nist.gov>
To: "Paul Grosso" <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Cc: "XML Core WG" <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

In the XInlcude Implementation report, looks like Elliotte executed an 
earlier version of the testsuite. The tests that he identified as 
"incorrectly includes a document type declaration in the result" were 
previously modified.

Sandra
At 10:52 AM 9/6/2004, Paul Grosso wrote:



>We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday,
>September 8, from
>           08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
>           11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
>           15:00-16:00 UTC
>           16:00-17:00 in Ireland and the UK
>           17:00-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe
>on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
>We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .
>
>See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
>and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
>email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.
>
>Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
>completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
>at the beginning of the call.
>
>Agenda
>======
>1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
>
>
>2. Miscellaneous administrivia.
>
>
>3. Problem with xml:space in the Schema document for the XML namespace
>
>Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org> sent us email on this at:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Jul/0019
>
>Henry found that Mimasa was not correct about not being able
>to  make xml:space fixed.  Henry replied at:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Aug/0013
>
>But it remains open whether we should change the default (or
>change the fact that it is defaulted).
>
>CONSENSUS to remove the default for xml:space from the schema
>for the xml namespace.
>
>ACTION to Henry:  Make the actual change once we've figured
>out how/when to announce this.
>
>ACTION to JohnC:  Make an announcement to xml-dev that we plan
>to make this change and request any feedback be sent to xml-editor.
>
>ACTION to Henry:  Ditto to xml-schema-dev and to chairs.
>
>
>4. XML errata.  The published 1.0 errata document is [8], the
>    published 1.1 errata document is [9], and the NEW PUBLIC
>    Potential Errata (PE) document is [7].
>
>
>5. Namespaces in XML.
>
>   ACTION to Richard:  Produce a draft for NS1.0 2nd Ed.
>
>
>6. Xinclude CR was published April 13 at:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-xinclude-20040413
>    The updated test suite cover page is at
>    http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/XInclude/
>
>The PR-ready draft is at:
>http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/07/PR-xinclude/
>
>The public DoC (aka latest issues list) is at:
>http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/07/ExIT-xinclude/issues.html
>[Note: The Director view displays incorrectly in IE6.0.]
>
>At http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Jul/0025
>Richard had sent a format for submitting test reports and an XSLT
>to convert the report to an HTML page.
>
>ACTION to Richard:  Add a test for xml:lang to the test suite.
>
>Richard put up results for ERH and himself:
>http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/08/xinclude-implementation/report.html
>
>Paul and Richard got some more info from Elliotte including his
>test suite.  It turns out that we'll need some written permission from
>Elliotte to include his test suite--Paul will look into that.
>Meanwhile:
>
>ACTION to Richard:  Check out Elliotte's results and sanity check that
>he does support xml:lang and accept-*; assuming he does, add some kind
>of entry/note to our implementation report document saying that he does
>so that we can "document" that we have an implementation of these
>features.
>
>Daniel sent email about his results at:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Sep/0015
>but I'm not sure how to present this in our implementation feedback, so:
>
>ACTION to DV:  Provide a table giving results (using Richard's files) of
>running the test suite on your implementation.
>
>Paul sent an updated draft PR request at:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Sep/0013
>Remaining ACTIONs are:
>
>a.  Richard:  Copy the implementation report into public
>               space and email the new URL to the WG.
>
>b.  Daniel:  Provide us with an implementation report asap.
>
>c.  Paul:  Get from Elliotte a definitive statement about
>            his support of xml:lang and accept/accept-language.
>
>   This morphed into the above action to Richard to augment the
>   implementation report with such a statement.
>
>d.  WG:  Approve this WD to go to PR.
>
>e.  Paul and Norm:  Create the final version in WG space.
>
>f.  Paul:  Generate and send the actual PR request.
>
>g.  Henry:  Help arrange a PR call.
>
>Paul ran pubrules and things look good, but since last minute
>changes will require another pass:
>
>ACTION to Paul:  Do a final pass on the status section,
>pubrules, etc.
>
>
>7. xml:id.
>
>Relaxing the constraint that there be one ID per element.
>---------------------------------------------------------
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-id/2004Apr/0012
>
>We want to make sure that the xml:id spec is agnostic wrt whether
>there is more than one thing of type id on one elemnt, as this is
>a property of the validation mechanism.
>
>Currently, the spec says nothing in this regard, so it is, in fact,
>agnostic.  Therefore, we have no action.
>
>So the reply to the comment is that the xml:id spec has no such
>constraint, so there is nothing to relax.
>
>CONSENSUS to add a note to the spec on this.
>
>ACTION to Norm:  Add the note and reply to the commenter.
>
>Norm has collected the xml:id issues, now (public) at:
>http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/xml-id/issues.xml
>
>and put a new version of the draft at
>http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/xmlcore/xmlid/xml-id.html
>
>ID Strictness
>-------------
>Commentor figures that non-validating parsers shouldn't have
>to check for xml:id validity.
>
>Currently, conformance to xml:id does require non-validating
>parsers to check for xml:id validity; of course, no parser is
>required to conform to xml:id.
>
>Richard send email outlining our options at:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Aug/0024
>
>He outlines options of strict, moderate, lax id checking.
>
>Richard would like to know that ids, for example, don't
>contain spaces.
>
>Then we started asking if id values should be NCName or Name.
>
>Tentative CONSENSUS that we would do "moderate" where id values
>should be NCName (with some uncertainty).
>
>We left open what kind of error it would be if the above isn't
>the case.
>
>Norm sent email with his latest proposal:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Sep/0003
>and there was some follow up email discussion.
>
>There is email from Dan Connolly re:
>how does XInclude mix with XML Schema? XSLT?
>at:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Sep/0014
>
>
>8.  XML Profile.  The TAG (via Norm) asks about progress on this:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Sep/0004
>
>
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
>[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
>[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Sep/0002
>[7]
>http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/02/proposed-xml10-3e-and-xml11-errata.html
>[8] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-3e-errata
>[9] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V11-1e-errata

Sandra I. Martinez
National Institute of Standards and Technology
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970,
Gaithersburg, Md. 20899

(301) 975-3579
sandra.martinez@nist.gov
Received on Wednesday, 8 September 2004 15:01:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:31 GMT