W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > September 2004

Re: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2004 September 1

From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@veillard.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 23:06:10 +0200
To: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Cc: XML Core WG <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20040905210610.GG22374@daniel.veillard.com>

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:03:39PM -0400, Paul Grosso wrote:
>> ACTION to DV:  Implement xml:lang.
>ACTION continued.

  Still pending.

> > ACTION to DV:  Provide a table giving results (using 
> > Richard's files) of
> > running the test suite on your implementation.
> ACTION continued.

  I'm don't know what "Richard's files" differences might be. I have 
run the testsuite checking tool I wrote last year with current libxml2
version (2.6.13) against the version in W3C CVS as of today:

paphio:~/XML -> ./check-xinclude-test-suite.py
=> Redhat
   Ran 6 tests: 6 suceeded, 0 failed and 0 generated an error
=> FourThought
Result for FourThought-include-01 differs
Result for FourThought-include-02 differs
Result for FourThought-include-03 differs
Result for FourThought-include-04 differs
Result for FourThought-include-05 differs
Result for FourThought-include-06 differs
Result for FourThought-include-07 differs
   Ran 7 tests: 7 suceeded, 0 failed and 0 generated an error
Result for Nist-include-01 differs
Result for Nist-include-16 differs
Result for Nist-include-18 differs
Result for Nist-include-19 differs
Result for Nist-include-20 differs
Result for Nist-include-21 differs
Result for Nist-include-22 differs
Test Nist-include-24: failed to detect invalid XInclude processing
Test Nist-include-25: failed to detect invalid XInclude processing
Result for Nist-include-27 differs
Result for Nist-include-34 differs
Result for Nist-include-35 differs
Result for Nist-include-36 differs
Result for Nist-include-37 differs
Result for Nist-include-38 differs
Test Nist-include-48: failed to detect invalid XInclude processing
Result for Nist-include-50 differs
Result for Nist-include-51 differs
Result for Nist-include-52 differs
Result for Nist-include-55 differs
   Ran 56 tests: 53 suceeded, 0 failed and 3 generated an error
=> LTG, Edinburgh Univ
Result for eduni-1 differs
Result for eduni-2 differs
Result for eduni-3 differs
   Ran 3 tests: 3 suceeded, 0 failed and 0 generated an error
Ran 72 tests: 69 suceeded, 0 failed and 3 generated an error in 0.34 s.
paphio:~/XML -> 

  This doesn't look too bad. I checked the differences in output
reported by the checker:

 - FourThought all test output differs because the test output has
   xml:base while the file is in the same directory (i.e. bases composition
   for relative resources would be the same with and without them)
 - Nist-include-01/16/18/19/20/22/34/35/26/37/38/50/51/52 :
   libxml2 generates an extra DOCTYPE
 - Nist-include-21/55:
   libxml2 generates an extra NOTATION declaration
 - Nist-include-27:
   libxml2 generates an extra XML Declaration
 - eduni-1/2/3
   libxml2 generates an extra internal subset or DOCTYPE
   libxml2 omits the xml:base due to the same directory
   libxml2 uses a different attribute serialization order
  All diffs are hence related to DOCTYPE and internal subset serialization
which is an extension to the pure infoset XInclude processing and about
omitting xml:base in case where they are not strictly necessary.
  As a conclusion I think libxml2 right now passes all the XInclude
tests from the suite except Nist-include-24, Nist-include-25, and
Nist-include-48, which I need to investigate.


Daniel Veillard      | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ | 
Received on Sunday, 5 September 2004 21:06:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:33 UTC