W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > December 2004

Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2004 December 1

From: Sandra Martinez <sandra.martinez@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:35:49 -0500
Message-Id: <6.0.0.22.2.20041201083536.01dd5750@mailserver.nist.gov>
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Regrets.

Sandra
At 09:21 AM 11/30/2004, Norman Walsh wrote:
>We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday,
>December 01, from
>           08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
>           11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
>           16:00-17:00 UTC
>           16:00-17:00 in Ireland and the UK
>           17:00-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe
>on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
>We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .
>
>See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
>and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
>email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.
>
>Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
>completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
>at the beginning of the call.
>
>Paul sends regrets; Norm will chair.
>
>Agenda
>======
>1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
>
>1.5. Miscellaneous administrivia.
>
>The next W3C Technical Plenary Week will be 28 February 2005
>through 4 March 2005:
>      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/TPOverview.html
>
>ACTION: Norm to coordinate a liason.
>
>Drop XML Profile?
>
>2. XForms WG Note on xml-stylesheet and XForms.
>
>See the draft Working Group Note at
>http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/Group/Drafts/stylesheet-pi
>
>See the thread starting at
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004OctDec/0022
>especially Norm's message at
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004OctDec/0030
>
>See also JohnC's comments at:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Nov/0037
>where he argues it is reasonable to treat this as a stylesheet
>and raises the issue on how to recognize things via the MIME type.
>
>Arnaud would like to know more about the motivation and
>why they are using the xml-stylesheet PI instead of
>something else.
>
>Paul requested further info from the Forms WG:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2004OctDec/0138
>No response as of this Agenda writing; Paul just pinged again:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2004OctDec/0172
>
>Richard initially agreed with Norm's comment, but now he feels
>that what JohnC said makes some sense.
>
>We need to discuss more with at least Richard, Norm, JohnC on
>the call.
>
>Any progress?
>
>3.  XLink update.
>
>Norm posted a draft[10] with diff[11]; there has been some discussion[12].
>
>4. XML errata.  The published 1.0 errata document is [8], the
>    published 1.1 errata document is [9], and the NEW PUBLIC
>    Potential Errata (PE) document is [7].
>
>We have several new PEs we might consider.
>
>5. Namespaces in XML.
>
>   Ongoing ACTION to Richard:  Produce a draft for NS1.0 2nd Ed.
>
>Makoto thinks we should fold all our errata into an NS1.0 2nd Ed,
>but we should not fold in our other editorial changes from 1.1
>into 1.0 2nd Ed.  He sent his comments at
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-names-editor/2004Nov/0004
>wherein he objected to our folding editorial changes that were not
>processed as errata back from 1.1 into 1.0.
>
>Paul checked with W3C folks about whether we can
>fold editorial errata from 1.1 back into 1.0 2nd Ed
>and our plan is acceptable:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Nov/0041
>
>6. Xinclude PR was published Sept 30 at:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/PR-xinclude-20040930/
>    and announced to the AC at
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2004JulSep/0043
>
>    The AC review closed October 29.
>
>We will shoot for a Dec 8th publication date (though that
>can only be tentative, since it depends on the Comm team).
>
>ACTION to Philippe:  Work with W3T to prepare XInclude for Rec.
>
>ACTION to Paul:  Update the WD for Rec (dates, status).
>
>Sandra has sent new test suite stuff to Henry.
>
>ACTION to Henry:  Update the test suite home page with what
>Sandra sent to you.
>
>7. xml:id.
>
>Our Last Call of xml:id is published at
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-id-20041109/
>
>The (public) xml:id issues is at:
>http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/xml-id/wd-status/status-report.html
>[Not up to date as of the writing of this agenda, but
>all issues are closed.]
>
>ACTION to Norm:  Update the xml:id issues document (though no
>immediate need this week).
>
>We also will need an issues list for the Last Call,
>though we don't need it until mid-December.
>
>Norm announced he had a sax filter implementation of xml:id:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Oct/0042
>
>8.  XML Profile.  The TAG (via Norm) asks about progress on this:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Sep/0004
>
>We last talked about this at the March 2004 f2f:
>http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/02/xml-f2f-20040301-minutes#profile
>
>Norm continues to recommend that we make a profile that is the
>same as XML 1.1 except to change the bnf so that you can't have
>any sort of doctype decl.
>
>Norm suggests we generate a WG Note outlining the subset.
>
>Glenn asks about how this might affect the idea of a
>compliant XML processor.  Specifically, a processor that
>only processes this subset is not a compliant XML processor.
>
>SOAP also forbids PIs, but we believe they can live with a
>subset with PIs.
>
>ACTION to Norm:  Send email summarizing his suggested plan
>(though the ACTION below to check with the TAG should probably
>come first).
>
>Norm started a TAG discussion at
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Oct/0059
>but reached no denouement.
>
>ACTION to Norm:  Check with the TAG that this is something
>they still want to see worked on.
>
>The next step would seem to be to write a summary of the
>plan and send it out and see if it makes people happy.
>We should be sure to include at least the TAG, SOAP, the
>XML CG.
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
>[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
>[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Nov/0056.html
>[7] http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/02/proposed-xml10-3e-and-xml11-errata.html
>[8] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-3e-errata
>[9] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V11-1e-errata
>[10] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/xmlcore/xlink11/
>[11] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/xmlcore/xlink11/diff.html
>[12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Nov/0057.html
>
>                                         Be seeing you,
>                                           norm
>
>--
>Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM / XML Standards Architect / Sun Microsystems, Inc.
>NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended
>recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
>Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
>If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
>reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Sandra I. Martinez
National Institute of Standards and Technology
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970,
Gaithersburg, Md. 20899

(301) 975-3579
sandra.martinez@nist.gov
Received on Wednesday, 1 December 2004 13:35:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:34 UTC