Re: The P content model

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:29:25 +0000
To: "Tina Holmboe" <tina@greytower.net>
Cc: "Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com>, "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

Hi Tina,

>  I'd agree, but am not sure it would be much use for normal authors if
>  we created structures that were very theoretical, and not at all how
>  regular people think of things.
>
>  Alas.

I have no idea what you mean by 'theoretical' in this context.

I think most people would be surprised when you tell them that they
can't use quotes in their paragraphs.

Given that most people won't be using mark-up languages to create
their documents, but either pen and paper, or word processors, they
would quite naturally add quotes into their paragraphs, and use
whitespace to separate them. But I doubt for a moment that most people
would be thinking that by adding a quote they have added a brand new
paragraph.

So I think most people would be quite at home with the common-sense
view of what can go into a paragraph.

Regards,

Mark

--