Re: The P content model

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:35:22 +0100 (CET)
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
cc: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

On 12 Jan, Mark Birbeck wrote:

>>  we created structures that were very theoretical, and not at all how
>>  regular people think of things.
>>
>>  Alas.
>
> I have no idea what you mean by 'theoretical' in this context.

  Theoretical, in this context: part of a specialized field of study
  which most authors will never have read, or understood.

> I think most people would be surprised when you tell them that they
> can't use quotes in their paragraphs.

  Good thing I'm not, then :) Most people ARE surprised when I offer
  them to put tables in their paragraphs, however.

> So I think most people would be quite at home with the common-sense
> view of what can go into a paragraph.

  And I'd agree - but common sense dictate a Q, not a "block of
  paragraphs" - ie a blockquote.

--
 - Tina Holmboe       siteSifter                  Greytower Technologies
            http://www.sitesifter.co.uk          http://www.greytower.net