RE: WebID equivalence

 xmlns:n19="http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/blogs.oracle.com/bblfish/entry/" Henry also lost control over a UI (when Oracle bought SUN). He even lost control over the domain name about his former openid (since it just morped from sun.com into oracle.com). this is NOT just about peter (and his need to address reality). Its real life for Henry, too. The world of Names in certs FOR X.500 STRONG AUTHENTICATION (not ldap authentication) was really easy. Your DUA bound to a nameless DSA, presenting a cert in the bind. it also presented the NAME as the originator, and could also (if I recall right back 20 years) identify the NAME of the server too. It did a BIND time de-deferencing act, with the bind getting to a object to which it could form up a real channel (running some protocol for querying). the Bind "port" (informal term) determined if there was an object  in the DIB that matched the name (by locating a compound key from cues in the name), and returned the actual (DN) address in the bind response. Thereafter, the DUA had the DN (address) derived from the Name (in the cert), for use in the querying protocol (and querying protocol security, including originator fiels that were now DNs, not Names). If the name presented at bind time (in a cert) actually turned out to reference a yellow pages entry, the DN AT BIND TIME RESPONSE would come back as the white pages entry''s DN. For the purposes then of querying (with or without signatures, and attached certs on the query), much as in ldap v3 today, a DN IN THE QUERY (not in the bind) might have multiple AVAs in an RDN. These had different purpose to the multiple AVAs per RDN in a Name. Thus you could be distinguished with cn=peter+cn=peter2, o=UCL-CS, c=GB. the second AVA in the CN= RDN was there for fast indexing in a compound key, and other sepcialized purposes that you can talk about in your sleep, being db stuff. Of course, users never saw such DNs when doing authentication, and they were certainly NOT PRINTABLE. Anyways back to reality: having got a sparql query that describes a profile (due to inference) that my yorkporc2 name is is bound to a webfinger acct URI, and thence to a couple of cert:keys stored in the ODS repository of triples, Im going to make a cert whose SAN is the sparql protocol URI - whose describe verb generates the inferred profile on the fly. Lets see what happens at henrys site.     > Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 21:39:12 -0500