Re: Position Paper for W3C Workshop on Identity

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:21:35 +0200
Cc: "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, public-xg-webid@w3.org
To: jeff@sayremedia.com

On 23 Apr 2011, at 19:08, Jeff Sayre wrote:

>> On 4/23/11 12:17 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>> Webbines != WWW. To me Linked Data graphs are data object oriented
>>> networks/webs.
>>>

> Yes! I agree. This is a crucial point. Webbiness refers to Web of Data. It
> is not exclusive to the http/https club. Whereas most people do equate
> webby to WWW, in the realm of the growing, self assembling global data
> graph, the data web transcends the Web platform. Thus, WebID is not just
> for the Web.

Agree, but one should pause at the word "just" here. It makes me wonder: what
else do we have that is bigger? It's a bit like saying Bill Gates is just rich....

Anyway, when talking to browser vendors and builders, one should presume that their
interest lies focused in the space just encompassed by this technology.  :-)