Re: [MMSEM] Interoperability Framework and Vocabulary

From: Jeff Z. Pan <jpan@csd.abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:54:27 -0000 (GMT)
To: public-xg-mmsem@w3.org

Oscar Celma wrote:

>I guess it's clear that my interest is not to do research on music
ontology alignment/mappings (well, any help is very welcome here!), but
to do something more, err... practical (useful?). That is, for instance
once the ID3->MO, OGG->MO and iTMS->MO its done, to create a nice set of
instances based on the MO, so people can start doing/testing funny
SPARQL queries (such as [5]). Does this sound reasonable?

>I hope that I've replied some of the answers from Raphael, Jeff an
Tobias! :-)

Hi Oscar,

Many thanks for the comments. Sorry for getting back late - too much
travelling these days.

Indeed, when we work on the common framework, we are not doing research
but try to apply some techniques to help solve some practical problems. I
am interested in knowing more practical and doable solutions related to
the interoperability issue in the music use case. In fact, I would like to
know more on this on all of our use cases.

Best regards,
Jeff