W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > March 2007

[MMSEM] Telecon minutes of 15/03/2007

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:31:53 +0100
Message-ID: <768DACDC356ED04EA1F1130F97D298520104456B@RZJC2EX.jr1.local>
To: <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>


All,

The minutes of the today's's meeting are available

 http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html
	
Note: The next MMSEM-XG telecon is scheduled for
      Thu 29 Mar 2007, 17:00 UTC 


The Summary of action items read:

[NEW] ACTION: Jeff to asks Susanne Boll about "selectors on top of resources" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Zeljko to provide for biltieral links ESW/ XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page See: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Erik to contact DIG35 to see any licensing problems if we do some conversions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
[PENDING] ACTION: Erik to do the conversion from DIG35 to OWL/RDF [recorded in [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to give feedback on how to improve the Tools Page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC till next AC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music (thanks to Ivan Herman) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]
[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Vassilis to review the Multimedia Retrieval use case by 08/03/2007 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action17]
[PENDING] ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page See: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Susanne Little to review the Multimedia Retrieval use case by 08/03/2007 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]

The minutes are fully reproduced below.

Cheers,
	Michael

________________________________________________________________________

	W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 15-03-2007, 16:00 UTC

15 Mar 2007

Agenda [1]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0023.html

See also: IRC log [2]

[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-irc


Attendees
 Present 
  Jeff Pan, Tobias Bürger, Suzanne Little, Zeljko Obrenovic, Melliyal Annamalai, Chris, Michael Hausenblas 
 Regrets 
  Raphael Troncy, Vassilis Tzouvaras, Oscar Celma, Thomas Franz, Pasquale Popolizio, Christian Halaschek-Wiener 
 Chair 
  Jeff Pan 
 Scribe 
  mhausenblas 

Contents
 Topics 
  1. ADMIN 
  2. LINKS Pages 
  3. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable ( 
  4. Interoperability Deliverable 
   4.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff) 
   4.2 Music Use case: (Oscar) 
   4.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael) 
   4.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik Mannens) 
   4.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael) 
   4.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia, Ovidio) 
   4.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis, Sofia) 
  5. MPEG-7 Deliverable 
  6. AOB 
Summary of Action Items 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

<scribe> ScribeNick: mhausenblas

<chrisatsin> chrisa is chrisatsin

1. ADMIN
<JeffP> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html

PROPOSED to accept the minutes

+1

RESOLUTION: accepted minutes

Next telecon scheduled: 29 March 2007

+1

2. LINKS Pages

Michael: We work on it

<scribe> ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page See: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]

-- continue

Michael: -> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-vocabularies/ stable voc

<scribe> ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page See: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

Zeljko: Need feedback from XG
... we are after DOAP files
... thinking about contacting authors of tools

Michael: Align with -> http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebTools ESW SW Tools
... http://esw.w3.org/topic/ConverterToRdf

<scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to give feedback on how to improve the Tools Page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action04] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Zeljko to provide for biltieral links ESW/ XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]

3. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable (
<scribe> ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08] [CONTINUES]

4. Interoperability Deliverable
<JeffP> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Semantic_Interoperability

4.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff)
Michael: shorten TOC depth
... all references should link to the Voc page / XGR

Jeff: First section is about i15y issues in general
... my question is regarding that some annotations are not representable in RDF (from F2F/ Susanne Boll)
... further UC and possible solutions are described
... using different layers of i15y

<SuzanneLittle> queue

Jeff: in the Common Framework

<SuzanneLittle> yes thanks!

<SuzanneLittle> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0001.html

<scribe> ACTION: Jeff to asks Susanne Boll about "selectors on top of resources" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]

Tobias: Regarding XMP granularity ... might be what she meant
... spatial regions in e.g. images

Jeff: Back to section 3.1
... 3.2 seems ok
... 3.3 is more difficult to resolve, though
... As Oscar mentioned in his mail to the list, we not going to do key research, here
... Will take a closer look at the UC

4.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)
<scribe> ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music (thanks to Ivan Herman) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action07] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES]

4.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)
<scribe> ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12] [CONTINUES]

4.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik Mannens)
Erik: Currently converting DIG35 to OWL

<scribe> ACTION: Erik to contact DIG35 to see any licensing problems if we do some conversions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action13] [CONTINUES]

Erik: Waiting for response ...

<scribe> ACTION: Erik to do the conversion from DIG35 to OWL/RDF [recorded in [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]

Erik: Some more blocks of DIG35 we work on ...
... only XML schema was available as input

Tobias: Q regarding transformation?

Chris: Semi-automatically

4.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)
<scribe> postponed

4.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia, Ovidio)
Suzanne: Looking at hte lowest i15y level
... to enable easy integration and exploitation
... general comment: distinguish intregration intra-layer vs. between layers
... we are after intra-layer integration (in contrast to SM retrieval UC)

<scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC till next AC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action12] [CONTINUES]

Jeff: I sent out my comments on UC
... are the UC and the bits in the Framework in sync?
... Vassilis works on this as well
... some discussion would be of help to add something here

4.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis, Sofia)
zakim P13 is Ioannis

<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to review the Multimedia Retrieval use case by 08/03/2007 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action17] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Susanne Little to review the Multimedia Retrieval use case by 08/03/2007 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action16] [DONE]

5. MPEG-7 Deliverable
Michael: Next telecon a first version should be available

<scribe> ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20] [CONTINUES]

6. AOB
Jeff: Future of the XG

--> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#item13 first discussion

Jeff: Workshop TBD
... options XG, WG, IG

<Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to ask if the remaining time (< 2 months) are sufficient for this ... and to propose a formal vote on it

<Melli> I like the proposed plan

Erik_Chris_Gaetan: We have a contact to IEEE
... so potential IE could chime in

Jeff: W3C would like to see new partners (from industry) to join as well

[NEW] ACTION: Jeff to asks Susanne Boll about "selectors on top of resources" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Zeljko to provide for biltieral links ESW/ XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page See: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Erik to contact DIG35 to see any licensing problems if we do some conversions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
[PENDING] ACTION: Erik to do the conversion from DIG35 to OWL/RDF [recorded in [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to give feedback on how to improve the Tools Page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC till next AC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music (thanks to Ivan Herman) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]
[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Vassilis to review the Multimedia Retrieval use case by 08/03/2007 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action17]
[PENDING] ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page See: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Susanne Little to review the Multimedia Retrieval use case by 08/03/2007 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]


________________________________________________________________________
Received on Thursday, 15 March 2007 17:27:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:21 GMT