W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > February 2007

[MMSEM] Telecon minutes of 15/02/2007

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:08:47 +0100
Message-ID: <768DACDC356ED04EA1F1130F97D29852FF4F8A@RZJC2EX.jr1.local>
To: <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>


All,

The minutes of the yesterday's meeting are available

 http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html
	
Note: The next MMSEM-XG telecon is scheduled for
      Thu 1 Mar Feb 2007, 17:00 UTC 

The Summary of action items read:

[NEW] ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]

[NEW] ACTION: Raphael to enable CVS account for Oscar [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]

[NEW] ACTION: Raphael to enable CVS account for Suzanne Little [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action17]

[NEW] ACTION: To invite Chrisa as invited expert [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]

[NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

 
[PENDING] ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC till next AC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]

[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]

[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]

[PENDING] ACTION: Paola to provide a possible B2B scenario [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]

[PENDING] ACTION: Sophia to find and send a documentation about an application toolbox where the user can select some algorithm to do feature extraction on music [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

[PENDING] ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]

[PENDING] ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]


The minutes are fully reproduced below.

Cheers,
	Michael

________________________________________________________________________


W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 15-02-2007, 17:00 UTC

15 Feb 2007

Agenda [1]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Feb/0024.html

See also: IRC log [2]

[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-irc

Attendees
 Present 
  Raphael_Troncy, Alessio_Cartocci, Tobias_Bürger, Stamatia_Dasiopoulou, Oscar_Celma, Michael_Hausenblas, Zeljko, Obrenovic, Melliyal, Annamalai, Gaetan_Chris 

Regrets 
  Christian_Halaschek-Wiener, Ioannis_Pratikakis, Sofia_Tsekeridou, Ovidio_Salvetti, Erik_Mannens, Pasquale_Popolizio, Roberto_Ellero, Jeff_Pan, Vassilis_Tzouvaras, Susanne_Boll, George_Anadiotis, Thomas_Franz 

Chair 
 Raphael 

Scribe 
 mhausenblas 

Contents

 Topics 
  1. ADMIN 
  2. Semantic Web Coordination Group Telecon (09/02/2007) 
  3. LINKS Pages 
  4. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable 
  5. Interoperability Deliverable 
  5.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff) 
  5.2 Music Use case: (Oscar) 
  5.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael) 
  5.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik ?) 
  5.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael) 
  5.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia, Ovidio) 
  5.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis) 
  6. MPEG-7 Deliverable (10') 
  7. AOB 
 Summary of Action Items 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
<alessio> hallo michael, hallo all

<alessio> hi raphael

<scribe> ScribeNick: mhausenblas

1. ADMIN
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 1st February 2007 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html

+1

ACCEPTED

Poll to have a telecon next week: 22th February 2007

Raphael: Who can make it - we have to push the work

Oscar can make

Tobias can make it

<Chris_Gaetan> Chris_Gaetan can make it

<alessio> I can, also

RESOLUTION: next telecon Mar 1

2. Semantic Web Coordination Group Telecon (09/02/2007)
See our slides: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/talks/SWCG2007/

Telecon minutes (members only): http://www.w3.org/2007/02/09-swcg-minutes.html

Raphael reports on the SWCG meeting

<raphael> http://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules?year=2006&uimode=filter&filter=Filter+pubrules&filterValues=form&docstatus=xgr#sample-template

Raphael: Future of group by the two chairs
... Jeff proposed to go for WG directly
... Raphael thinks some further research is needed
... wait one more year
... SWCG ack the two versions
... third scenario: split XG efforts
... or IG
... will discuss further when Jeff is back
... still we have to find concensus

POLL for future of group

<Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to ask for further plans

-> http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/groups.html#good-standing

<raphael> michael: concern about the lot of regrets we have

<raphael> ... uncontrolled growing

<raphael> ... perhaps split into 2 XGs

Michael adds we need to keep the momentum

<raphael> Oscar: wait for one year doing research or go for an XG ?

<raphael> michael: fear to lose people during this blank year

<raphael> Oscar: I think it is too early

<ocelma> I'm up to "Raphael option": wait one year more

Tobias: Support both Oscar and Michael
... go for another XG
... taking EU research projects experienes into account

Stamatia: to early to go for WG

<raphael> Stamatia: i fully agree that it is too early

Melli: Need more feedback from other W3C WG

<alessio> yes, unfortunetly

<alessio> i have a proxy

Raphael: WG membership req about 20% time resources for this

<alessio> as usual on the afternoon :(

Gaetan_Chris: spliting up into XG is no good option
... don't wait for another year
... does this XG close?

Raphael: Yes, this on will close on 1 May 2007

3. LINKS Pages
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/deliverables/vocabularies.html

<raphael> not ready for review yet ...

<raphael> ... available hopefully by next Monday

<scribe> ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]

<scribe> ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02] [CONTINUES]

<raphael> http://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules?year=2006&uimode=filter&filter=Filter+pubrules&filterValues=form&docstatus=xgr#sample-template

<scribe> ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]

Zeljko: Restructured a lot and added stuff - all are invited to review

Raphael: Maybe change to tables

Zeljko: Should contact authors of tools to get status

<ocelma> Well, I can contact the Audio ones. No problem, I know them!

4. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable
<scribe> ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08] [CONTINUES]

<raphael> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-image-annotation/

Raphael: Pub request upcoming

5. Interoperability Deliverable
5.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff)
<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis update the structure of the deliverable and fill it in a XG report template, HTML document in our W3C space [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]

Raphael: Jeff and Vasilis will continue on the Wiki

5.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)
Oscar: UC focuses on navigation through music space via /facet
... query for song and get playlist
... work on RDF2ID3 converter

<ocelma> Music Ontology:

<ocelma> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies#head-c63c0a04d77106d69e58c69bf890898a5d858ebf

<ocelma> http://pingthesemanticweb.com/ontology/mo/

Oscar: Important ontology

<Zakim> raphael, you wanted to ask on formats used

Raphael: Know the work of Yves_Raimond

<ocelma> facet meets foafing the music:

<ocelma> http://slashfacet.semanticweb.org/music/facet

Raphael: What formats are supported?

Oscar: Extend basic ID3 with low-level feature concepts

Raphael: How about MPEG-7?

Oscar: Could be done with MPEG-72OWL schema converter

<scribe> ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action11] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Paola to provide a possible B2B scenario [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action02] [CONTINUES]

5.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)
<scribe> ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12] [CONTINUES]

Raphael: We have a clear idea what will be in there + additional AC
... will be ready be next telecon

5.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik ?)
Raphael: They send status + I will see her next week

<scribe> ACTION: Raphael to bug Susanne about status [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action13] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES]

5.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)
5.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia, Ovidio)
<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

<scribe> ACTION: Sophia to find and send a documentation about an application toolbox where the user can select some algorithm to do feature extraction on music [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action02] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC till next AC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19] [CONTINUES]

5.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis)
<raphael> update: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Feb/0036.html

6. MPEG-7 Deliverable (10')
<raphael> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-mpeg7/

ACTION Raphael to enable CVS account for Oscar

<TobiasBuerger> One comment: I also might have lost my edit-rights in the WIKI...

<scribe> ACTION: To invite Chrisa as invited expert [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]

<scribe> ACTION: Raphael to enable CVS account for Oscar [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/WorkingGroup

<ocelma> that the content of the wiki: [wiki:TobiasBurger Tobias Bürger]

<scribe> ACTION: Raphael to enable CVS account for Suzanne Little [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action17]

<scribe> ACTION: Raphael Stamatia to start work on MPEG-7 deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action16] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to contact Chrisa to find out how she can contribute w.r.t. MPEG-7 deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action22] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]

7. AOB
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]
[NEW] ACTION: Raphael to enable CVS account for Oscar [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
[NEW] ACTION: Raphael to enable CVS account for Suzanne Little [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action17]
[NEW] ACTION: To invite Chrisa as invited expert [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]
[NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC till next AC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]
[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
[PENDING] ACTION: Paola to provide a possible B2B scenario [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Sophia to find and send a documentation about an application toolbox where the user can select some algorithm to do feature extraction on music [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Raphael Stamatia to start work on MPEG-7 deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
[DONE] ACTION: Raphael to bug Susanne about status [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
[DONE] ACTION: Vassilis to contact Chrisa to find out how she can contribute w.r.t. MPEG-7 deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action22]
[DONE] ACTION: Vassilis update the structure of the deliverable and fill it in a XG report template, HTML document in our W3C space [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
 
[End of minutes]
________________________________________________________________________
Received on Thursday, 15 February 2007 18:09:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:21 GMT