W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > November 2006

[MMSEM] Telecon minutes of 16/11/2006

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:57:15 +0100
Message-ID: <455D796B.267B7A5D@cwi.nl>
To: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>

Dear all,

The minutes of today's meeting are at
    http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html
The next telecon is scheduled for Thursday 23/11/2006, 16:00 UTC

The Summary of action items read:
Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Building_multimedial
   _Semantic_Web_Applications [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action18]
   [NEW] ACTION: Massimo & Suzanne to have draft ready for review
   before December 1 [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
   [NEW] ACTION: Oscar and Jacco to draft more focussed use case before
   December 1st [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Oscar, Jacco and Giovanni to make a first draft of the
   use case by December 1st [recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Raphael, Chris, Thierry: finish news UC draft before
   Dec 1st. [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
   [NEW] ACTION: Susanne extent draft Photo UC before Dec 1 [recorded
   in [54]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
   [NEW] ACTION: Tobias to send comments on Algorithm representation
   Use case [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action17]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis et al to provide 1st draft MPEG-7 UC before
   Dec 1. [recorded in
   [56]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to clarify the content of section 6 and 9 and
   ask to use case authors precised contributions, on the mailling list
   [recorded in
   [57]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to contact Ioannis about future of this UC
   [recorded in
   [58]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to review all use cases [recorded in
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to suggest skype to Ioannis [recorded in
   [60]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]

     [48]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Building_multimedial_Semantic_Web_Applications

   [PENDING] ACTION: Giovanni and Christian to maintain the Tools page
   [recorded in
   [61]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jacco to review the music use case [recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jeff to review all use cases [recorded in
   [63]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Melli and Paul to do their wiki page [recorded in
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page
   [recorded in
   [65]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Pasquale to maintain the Resources page [recorded
   in [66]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image
   Annotation on the Semantic Web document" [recorded in
   [67]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]

The minutes are fully reproduced below ...
Best.

    RaphaŽl

--------------------

[1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                       MMSEM 16 November Telecon

16 Nov 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Nov/0021.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Raphael, Jacco, Tobias, Vassilis, Paola, George, Jeff, ISTI,
Michael (IRC)

   Regrets
          Ioannis, Stamatia, ThierryDeclerck, Pasquale, Roberto,
          Giovanni, Christian, ChrisHalashek, Melli

   Chair
          Jeff, Raphael

   Scribe
          Jacco, Raphael

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         2. [6]1. ADMIN
         3. [7]2. LINKS Pages
         4. [8]3. XG UPDATES
         5. [9]3.1 Music Use case: (Giovanni, Oscar)
         6. [10]3.2: News Use case: (Raphael, Chris)
         7. [11]3.3 Bio-medical Image Use case: (Melliyal)
         8. [12]3.4: MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case
         9. [13]3.5 Photo Use case: (Susanne)
        10. [14]3.6 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use Case
        11. [15]3.7 Algorithm representation Use case
        12. [16]3.8 Tagging Use case
        13. [17]4. Interoperability Deliverable
        15. [19]5. F2F meeting
     * [20]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <scribe> Scribe: Jacco

W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 16-11-2006, 16:00 UTC

1. ADMIN

   <TobiasBuerger> \me Zakim, mute me

   <mhausenb> hi there. today I just can join you via IRC

   <isti> hi all from Ovidio, Suzanne and Massimo

   <mhausenb> Is it peradventure possible for anybody to transcribe the
   audio

   <mhausenb> or at least summarise, please?

   Minutes previous meeting are accepted

   Minutes informal meeting @ISWC accepted as well

   Next meeting will be next week Nov, 23

2. LINKS Pages

   <ThomasFranz> my regrets for the next telco on Nov, 23

   <raphael> Michael, report on vocabularies page ?

   <mhausenb> some progress indeed

   <raphael> something to report ?

   <mhausenb> still looking for some volunteers for some sections

   <mhausenb> promise to incoporate your comments till next week!

   <raphael> my comments:
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Oct/0056
   .html

     [21]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Oct/0056.html

   Tobias volunteers to fill some section here

   <raphael> Tobias volunteers to maintain MPEG21 and MXF sectionss

   <mhausenb> THANKS!

3. XG UPDATES

   Image annotations deliverable: Raphael is editing, but didn't check
   in yet

   XML exampes still need to be converted to N3 and the graphs need to
   be redone

   <mhausenb> volunteer to convert ...

   <scribe> ACTION: Pasquale to maintain the Resources page: PENDING
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]

   <scribe> ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page: PENDING
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

   <TobiasBuerger> \me Zakim, mute me

   <scribe> ACTION: Giovanni and Christian to maintain the Tools page:
   PENDING [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]

   <scribe> ACTION: Melli and Paul to do their wiki page: PENDING
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation
   on the Semantic Web document": PENDING [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]

   Raphael: will have a final version on the f2f meeting, so people
   need to read it before

   <raphael> Interoperability issues: the key word of this XG !!!

   <raphael> All use cases should be written with this goal in mind

   <raphael> Later on, Vassilis will talk about how they will converge
   and be put together

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff to review all use cases: PENDING [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to review all use cases [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]

3.1 Music Use case: (Giovanni, Oscar)

   Oscar will join this group but needs to teach on Thursdays

   Oscar will attend the f2f in Athens

   <scribe> ACTION: Jacco to review the music use case: PENDING
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]

   <raphael> Comments of Oscar:
   [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Nov/0020
   .html

     [30]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Nov/0020.html

   <mhausenb> what is going on? topic?

   <TobiasBuerger> I think it is also important to distinguish this use
   case from "classical" information retrieval

   <raphael> Timeline: before the F2F, having a first draft of the
   Music Use case

   <raphael> ACTION: Oscar, Jacco and Giovanni to make a first draft of
   the use case by December 1st [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]

   <scribe> ACTION: Oscar and Jacco to draft more focussed use case
   before December 1st [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]

3.2: News Use case: (Raphael, Chris)

   We updated the wiki, but made little progress on the solutions part

   Raphael: we are looking at financial information in this use case

   <mhausenb> how about IPTC?

   Raphael: we are still in the process of getting good example data

   <mhausenb> please define _good_

   Raphael: We will try to make the deadline of 1st december

   <scribe> ACTION: Raphael, Chris, Thierry: finish news UC draft
   before Dec 1st. [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]

   Vassilis: maybe we should focus on small single interoperability
   problems, not cover all of them

   <raphael> Michael, we are in the process of having more data for
   illustrating the problems (interoperability problems)

3.3 Bio-medical Image Use case: (Melliyal)

   Melli sent regrets

3.4: MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case

   <raphael> Comments of Suzanne:
   [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Nov/0017
   .html

     [34]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Nov/0017.html

   <raphael> Comments of Rapahel:
   [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Oct/0062
   .html

     [35]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Oct/0062.html

   Vassilis: Also little progress on solution, will focus on one of
   three types of solution

   <mhausenb> agree. still we should describe the problems in depth ...

   <scribe> ACTION: Vassilis et al to provide 1st draft MPEG-7 UC
   before Dec 1. [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

3.5 Photo Use case: (Susanne)

   Susanne: in general this UC fits well with the interoperability
   focus of the XG

   Most remarks were clarifications, ask how to do multiple domain
   ontologies using Hunter's ABC framework

3.6 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use Case

   <susanneBoll> yes

   <susanneBoll> SusanneBoll

   What about a general vocabulary for annotating photo's on the web

   Susanne: We are working with a large photo provider, they need both
   high and low level features

   And there is no common framework to do this on the web

   Raphael: Suggest how to solve this in say, the XMP way versus, say
   the PhotoRDF stuff.
   ... Would this make sense?

   XMP=embedded, PhotoRDF=external

   <raphael> Centralized versus Distributed for the host of the photos
   and of the metadata

   <raphael> How to retrieve from a photo its metadata ?

   <scribe> ACTION: Susanne extent draft Photo UC before Dec 1
   [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]

   Ionnis is not present

   Ioannis has troubles making the telephone confs

   <scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to suggest skype to Ioannis [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]

   <JeffP> W3C Zakim: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99 or
   +44.117.370.6152

   <scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to contact Ioannis about future of this UC
   [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]

3.7 Algorithm representation Use case

   Massimo: not much progress last weeks

   <scribe> ACTION: Massimo & Suzanne to have draft ready for review
   before December 1 [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]

   <scribe> ACTION: Tobias to send comments on Algorithm representation
   Use case [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action17]

3.8 Tagging Use case

   <raphael> Draft tagging ontology

   <raphael> Problems: not possible to use DC and SKOS in OWL DL ...
   will be OWL Full

   George: facing some skoss related problems, mailed to relevant w3c
   lists

   Raphael: SWD WG will developp and OWL version of SKOS

   <raphael> OWL DL version !

   <susanneBoll> I would like to add the following link

   <susanneBoll> Inducing Ontology from Flickr Tags

   George: developing prototype to show interoperability across tagging
   sites

   <susanneBoll> [42]http://www.rawsugar.com/www2006/22.pdf

     [42] http://www.rawsugar.com/www2006/22.pdf

   <raphael> thx susanne

   <raphael> we know about this paper .

   <raphael> Jeff and Vassilis will review it Michael

   <mhausenb> thanks!

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Building_multimedial
   _Semantic_Web_Applications [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action18]

     [43]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Building_multimedial_Semantic_Web_Applications

4. Interoperability Deliverable

4
[45]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Building_multimedial_Se
mantic_Web_Applications

     [45]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Building_multimedial_Semantic_Web_Applications

   Semantic Web Activity lead Ivan Herman invited Raphael and Jeff to
   report back to the SW Coordination Group in January

   Vassilis: I've put a first draft of the interoperability deliverable
   on the wiki

   Raphael: The first point to discuss is the status of the Use Cases

   <mhausenb> looks sensible to me, vassilis

   <JeffP>
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Semantic_Interoperab
   ility

     [46]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Semantic_Interoperability

   (short version of) use cases should be integrated in the deliverable

   <mhausenb> opt for linking to tools/voc/resources NOT including them

   Tobias: We could also do it the other way around: first discuss the
   issues and than match those with relevant use cases

   <TobiasBuerger> Jacco: yes we could do that

   Vassilis: I think the issue should be the use cases issues

   <mhausenb> and I support Tobias proposal

   <raphael> Status of the Tools / Vocabularies / Resources

   Sorry all, I have to leave - see you next time

   <raphael> Raphael: good to publicize, good result of the XG

   <raphael> ... to include or not in the Deliverable ...

   <raphael> ... most likely not

   <raphael> ... so section 7 might disapear

   <mhausenb> a pointer would do IMHO

   <raphael> Use Cases: core meat or not of the document ?

   <mhausenb> definitly, but summarized

   <raphael> Introduction of the document decomposed into 4
   sub-sections

   <raphael> 6.2 is the summary of all interoperability problems
   encountered during the vaious use cases

   <raphael> Raphael: are we able to do that from now ?

   <raphael> Vassilis: yes, it will help the authors of the use cases

   <mhausenb> IMO later (after stable UC)

   <raphael> ACTION: Vassilis to clarify the content of section 6 and 9
   and ask to use case authors precised contributions, on the mailling
   list [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]

   <mhausenb> any news?

5. F2F meeting

   <raphael> please, all, fill the questionnaire !!!

   <isti> bye !

   <mhausenb> till next week, bye bye!

   <raphael> Title: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 16-11-2006,
   16:00 UTC

   <raphael> Title: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 16-11-2006,
   16:00 UTC

   <raphael> Title: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 16-11-2006,
   16:00 UTC

   <raphael> Chairq: Jeff, Raphael

   <raphael> Chairs: Jeff, Raphael

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Building_multimedial
   _Semantic_Web_Applications [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action18]
   [NEW] ACTION: Massimo & Suzanne to have draft ready for review
   before December 1 [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
   [NEW] ACTION: Oscar and Jacco to draft more focussed use case before
   December 1st [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Oscar, Jacco and Giovanni to make a first draft of the
   use case by December 1st [recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Raphael, Chris, Thierry: finish news UC draft before
   Dec 1st. [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
   [NEW] ACTION: Susanne extent draft Photo UC before Dec 1 [recorded
   in [54]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
   [NEW] ACTION: Tobias to send comments on Algorithm representation
   Use case [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action17]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis et al to provide 1st draft MPEG-7 UC before
   Dec 1. [recorded in
   [56]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to clarify the content of section 6 and 9 and
   ask to use case authors precised contributions, on the mailling list
   [recorded in
   [57]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to contact Ioannis about future of this UC
   [recorded in
   [58]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to review all use cases [recorded in
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to suggest skype to Ioannis [recorded in
   [60]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]

     [48]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Building_multimedial_Semantic_Web_Applications

   [PENDING] ACTION: Giovanni and Christian to maintain the Tools page
   [recorded in
   [61]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jacco to review the music use case [recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jeff to review all use cases [recorded in
   [63]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Melli and Paul to do their wiki page [recorded in
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page
   [recorded in
   [65]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Pasquale to maintain the Resources page [recorded
   in [66]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image
   Annotation on the Semantic Web document" [recorded in
   [67]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]

   [End of minutes]

--
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Friday, 17 November 2006 09:04:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:20 GMT