W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > March 2011

Re: Agenda - Mar 24 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT - DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME WARNING

From: <gordon@gordondunsire.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:43:04 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Message-ID: <2011753148.167201.1300974184957.JavaMail.open-xchange@oxltgw17.schlund.de>
Antoine


I volunteer to scribe NEXT week - today, I may be interrupted during the call.
 
Cheers
 
Gordon

 

On 23 March 2011 at 13:34 Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As side remarks to the agenda:
>
> - there's still a discrepancy between the US time and others: for many people
> the call is one hour earlier than usual!
>
> - we're missing a scribe. These of you who have scribed "only" twice at
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty, please volunteer!
>
> - the focus on the discussion part tomorrow will be the "problems and
> limitations" section of the report, as last week. It is really important that
> you all have a look at
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page, with the
> following action in mind:
>
> ACTION: everyone to take a look at the issues and make sure that points from
> the use cases are represented in the document [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-minutes.html#action04]
>
> Thanks, and see you tomorrow!
>
> Antoine
>
>
>
> > Agenda - Mar 24 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT - DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME
> > WARNING
> >
> > Source: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda
> >
> > Time - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
> > http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061
> > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=24&month=3&year=2011&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=195
> > 0700 Seattle - 1000 New York - 1400 London - 1500 Paris - 2200 Kuala Lumpur
> > 2300 Tokyo - 0100 Sydney (next day)
> >
> > W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/ - home page
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ - wiki
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/ - group list
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/ - community list
> >
> > LLD XG telecons:
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
> > Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
> > persons invited by chairs.
> >
> > Chair: Antoine
> > Scribe:
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (how to)
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed#Nicknames
> >
> > Regrets: Emma, Tom, Peter
> >
> > ======================================================================
> > ADMIN
> > -- Minutes of previous telecon
> > PROPOSED: To accept
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/17-lld-minutes.html
> >
> > -- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
> > Proposed schedule for next telecons, with scheduled chairs, regrets
> > received, and proposed topics
> > 2011-03-31 Emma - discussion on LLD Benefits (Ed & Emma)
> > 2011-04-07 Emma - discussion on UC report (owner)
> > 2011-04-14 Tom - discussion on available data & vocabularies (owner)
> > 2011-04-21 Antoine - discussion on requirements (owner)
> > 2011-04-28 Emma - discussion on recommendations (owner)
> > 2011-05-05 Tom - final report status, check on remaining actions
> > 2011-05-12 Antoine - final report completed, reviewers assigned for all
> > sections
> > 2011-05-19 Emma - Review of full draft of final report, and discussion on
> > potential nexts steps
> > 2011-05-26 Antoine - final report wrap up & thanks - next steps if any
> >
> > ======================================================================
> > FINAL REPORT DRAFT
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReport
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviewerAssignments
> >
> > Where do the following fit?
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources
> >
> > Six items:
> >
> > 1. Executive Summary
> > -- report section
> > -- written as a guide on how to read the document, high level view of issues
> > (but not only issues), should also be made available as separate unit for
> > print and distribute.
> > -- must be written late
> >
> > 2. Benefits of LD for libraries (Ed, Emmanuelle, Ross)
> > -- report section
> > -- extract benefits from clusters, use use cases as illustrations of the
> > benefits
> >
> > ACTION: emma and ed to start curating a section on benefits of LLD for
> > libraries [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-minutes.html#action06]
> >
> > ACTION: edsu, rsinger, emma to create a few bullet points on the benefits of
> > linked data in libraries for the call on March 31st [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-minutes.html#action01]
> >
> > 3. Use cases and requirements (represented via clusters, plus an annotated
> > list
> > of use cases, plus requirement list?)
> > -- separate deliverable
> > -- needs document owner(s), clusters need to be reviewed by neutral editors.
> > cf. #1 in
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
> > Call for owner of UC deliverable:
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0038.html
> > -> Daniel Vila Suero volunteering:
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0071.html
> >
> > 4. Available data (vocabularies, datasets) (Antoine, Jeff, Marcia, William)
> > cf. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0006.html
> > 1. Section in final report characterizing representative vocabularies and
> > datasets from the LOD cloud.
> > Identify gaps. Emphasize that this is a snapshot.
> > 2. Separate "LLD vocabularies and datasets" deliverable
> >
> > 5. Relevant technologies (as described in #6 in
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html)
> > Tools available - we can provide pointers to the ones available, maybe short
> > descriptions
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Tools
> >
> > ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT
> > architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short sketch
> > for final report) [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04]
> >
> > -> re-frame it into producing a section on "relevant technology" for the
> > report and/or a side deliverable?
> >
> > Web Services on LLD page:
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Web_services_on_LLD
> >
> > 6. Problems and limitations (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
> > -- report section
> > cf. #4-5 in
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
> >
> > 7. Requirements and recommendations (Vocabularies, Identifiers, Data
> > modeling,
> > Architecture, Links, General education and outreach, Curricula)
> > -- requirements: what needs to be achieved, in general, to be extracted from
> > the issues
> > -- recommendations: what we (as a group) suggest as next steps (example
> > recommendation
> > would be the creation of a working group)
> > -- Guenther's possible contribution on curricula:
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0068.html
> >
> > ======================================================================
> > USE CASE CLUSTERS
> >
> > -- Social uses (Uldis, Jodi)
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_Social_Uses
> > 2011-01-27: deadline is Feb 15th to receive suggested use cases
> >
> > ACTION: Uldis and Jodi to create social uses cluster [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-minutes.html#action03]
> >
> >
> > ======================================================================
> > PROBLEMS / LIMITATIONS / ISSUES - SECTION IN REPORT
> >
> > -- Draft report section
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
> >
> > ACTION: everyone to take a look at the issues and make sure that points from
> > the use cases are represented in the document [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-minutes.html#action04]
> >
> > -- Library standards and issues pages:
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data
> >
> > ACTION: As a future topic for March 10, discuss the open questions in the
> > second half of
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data
> > [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/01/27-lld-minutes.html#action03]
> >
> > -- Topics as a checklist, each topic having its own page
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed
> >
> > ======================================================================
> > AOB
> >
>
>
Received on Thursday, 24 March 2011 13:43:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 24 March 2011 13:43:41 GMT