Re: YouTube video?

From: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:20:57 -0500
To: "gordon@gordondunsire.com" <gordon@gordondunsire.com>
Cc: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>, Joe Provenzano <provenzano@wis.edu>
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 02:57:28PM -0500, Thomas Baker wrote:
> Maybe the bottom of the screen could continually show a narrow
> window of triples scrolling up and down, sometimes faster,
> sometimes slower, pausing to highlight a subject here, finding
> a matching object there. When a match is found, then, show the
> match above the triples window by zooming out on the current
> photo or book, placing it to the left, placing the object
> on the right, adding a predicate between the two to describe
> the connection.  Once this has been narrated, zoom in on the
> object resource so that it takes up the whole screen while
> triples resume scrolling in the window below in the search
> for the next random or instructive connection.

Hmm, maybe Subject, Predicate, and Object could
spin, and stop, like the reels of a slot machine.
While they're spinning, they scroll through thousands
of triples in a blur; when they stop, they lock in
on one or more triples.  Instead of cherries and lemons,
the reels could show thumbnail images, or the center
reel could show a predicate.

If people want to keep the list focused on our real
work I'd be happy to take this offline...

Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>