Re: comments from a readthrough of the whole report

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:01:56 +0200
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org
Hi Jodi,

Thanks a lot for reading once again the report!
On the "data" stuff:

> ==DATA AVAILABILITY==
> 1) "More has been done on value vocabularies and element sets than on bibliographic datasets" -- The "more has been done" doesn't sound very good to my ears. Could we rephrase this? The best I can come up with is "Bibliographic datasets have received less work than value vocabularies and element sets"?

How about "Bibliographic datasets have received less attention than value vocabularies and element sets"
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_As_Current_Situation&diff=5827&oldid=5824

> ===MORE HAS BEEN DONE ON VALUE VOCABULARIES AND ELEMENT SETS THAN ON BIBLIOGRAPHIC DATASETS===
> 1) "Examples such the release of the British National Bibliography show that there are indeed considerable difficulties involved (many discussed in this report). However, this proves not deterring enough, and the number of datasets released as linked data keeps increasing at a fast pace."
>
> I think the difficulties need to either be directly mentioned, or a report from the BNB mentioned; otherwise this stands as a caution against adopting LLD.

Like this one?
http://consulting.talis.com/case-study/british-library-explores-linked-data/

> Draft Vocabularies Datasets As Current Situation
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_As_Current_Situation&diff=5808&oldid=5779

> Draft Vocabularies Datasets Section2
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section2&diff=5816&oldid=5796

Thanks a lot!