Bulk Download of Names Available

From: Ford, Kevin <kefo@loc.gov>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:15:03 -0400
To: "'public-xg-lld@w3.org'" <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Bulk downloads of the Library of Congress *Name* Authority File (NAF) are now available.  The current bulk download is only MADS/RDF.  We'll make a SKOS/RDF download available in the near future.  We are offering two serializations:  n-triples and RDF/XML.

The LC *Subject* Heading (LCSH) file continues to be available for download as SKOS/RDF, but now LCSH is also available in MADS/RDF (in the same serializations).  The MADS/RDF enables the identification of types for subject headings and subheadings.

They may be downloaded here:  http://id.loc.gov/download/

The data dumps are very much a work in progress. Please report problems, issues, and wishes on the ID.LOC.GOV listserv:

http://listserv.loc.gov/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ID&A=1

--
Kevin Ford
Digital Project Coordinator