RE: Relevant technology -- DVRQ?

During the call and again below, Ed mentioned an "ah-ha" moment when he
realized Web scaffolding frameworks like Rails, Drupal, DJango, etc.
could be used to publish Linked Data. I had a similar "ah-ha" moment
(Grails in my case). At least in the case of Grails, the domain model is
implemented directly using object-oriented programming classes, and the
Web create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) functions are supplied
automatically by a model-neutral controller "scaffold". Out-of-the-box,
Grails automatically maps these object-oriented classes to a relational
database, but there are abstractions in the framework for other types of
physical stores. Also, in the case of Grails at least, this
domain-neutral scaffold can be tweaked to automatically support Linked
Data URIs and the production of RDF as well as an ontology. I would be
happy to turn over my experiments if someone wants a closer look.

Ultimately, though, I got frustrated with this type of solution because
it requires a programmer to implement what should possible to achieve in
the hands of a domain-expert directly. D2RQ seems like a much more
promising solution in this regard, although I will admit there are still
gaps to fill to catch up with the create, update, and delete features of
scaffolding frameworks.

Jeff