Global Interoperability and Linked Data Workshop, Amsterdam, May 16-17

This popped up on the Digital Public Library of America mailing list earlier today, and it looks like many pieces of the draft agenda at http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/dpla/Global_Interoperability_and_Linked_Data_Workshop intersect with the W3C LLD XG work.  If anyone is going to be in or near Amsterdam on May 16th and 17th, this may be a good workshop to try to attend to build some bridges for our work.

Peter

Begin forwarded message:
From: "Stergios, Margaret" <mstergios@hbs.edu<mailto:mstergios@hbs.edu>>
Date: April 28, 2011 1:56:27 PM EDT
To: "dpla-discussion@eon.law.harvard.edu<mailto:dpla-discussion@eon.law.harvard.edu>" <dpla-discussion@eon.law.harvard.edu<mailto:dpla-discussion@eon.law.harvard.edu>>
Subject: [dpla-discussion] DPLA: Interoperability for text mining and research

Dear Colleagues,

Among the many design issues being addressed by the Technical team and the upcoming Global Interoperability and Linked Data Workshop<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/dpla/Global_Interoperability_and_Linked_Data_Workshop> is the problem of metadata and interoperability standards that can enable text analysis and other forms of research not possible before.

Although the topic is vast and difficult, looking at examples of research enabled by digitized corpora or standardized usage data and metadata might be a useful contribution.  I hope you will join me at http://bit.ly/kpRys0

Gosia Stergios

Malgorzata (Gosia) Stergios, Knowledge and Information Programs Analyst
Knowledge and Library Services
Harvard Business School
Phone: 617.384.7311
Fax: 617.495.8948