W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > October 2010

Agenda - Oct 28 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: Emmanuelle Bermes <emmanuelle.bermes@bnf.fr>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:02:12 +0200
Message-ID: <AANLkTikuAep=-_nT1bXVMFMEk9gm=S3san5xu6AFpSfa@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Agenda - Oct 28 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

Time - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
    0700 Seattle
    1000 New York
    1500 London
    1600 Paris
    2200 Kuala Lumpur
    2300 Tokyo
    2400 Sydney

W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group list
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     - community list

LLD XG telecons:
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
     Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
         persons invited by chairs.

Chair:  Emmanuelle
Scribe: ?
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (scribing instructions)
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics#Nicknames

Regrets: Gordon, Anette

----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Admin

-- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons

    PROPOSED: To accept minutes of previous telecon:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/14-lld-minutes.html

    Upcoming next telecons, with scheduled chairs and regrets received:
        2010-11-04 Antoine
        2010-11-11 Tom
        2010-11-18 Antoine
        2010-11-25 Emmanuelle

   - Note special schedule for Europe for 2010-11-04 telecon
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0110.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Report on Pittsburgh face-to-face meetings

-- Friday, 22 October - "optional" LLD XG F2F for members attending DC-2010
   Joint meeting of LLD XG with DCMI Architecture Forum
   "Application Profiles for Linked Data: Models & Requirements"
   http://www.asis.org/Conferences/DC2010/program-sessions.html#jointmeeting

   -- Documents
      http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010 - agenda
      http://dublincore.org/architecturewiki/DcamInContext - background document
      http://www.w3.org/2010/10/22-lld-minutes.html  draft minutes

-- Saturday and Sunday, 23-24 October - Face-to-face meeting of LLD XG

   -- Documents
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh  agenda
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html
- minutes 2010-10-23
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html
- minutes 2010-10-24
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes
- outcomes

----------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Use cases and case studies
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases

-- Use cases grouped in 6 clusters
    See http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#usecases

    --Bibliographic data: curators Gordon, Martin
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Bibliographic_data

    --Authority data: curators Jeff, Alex
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Authority_data

    --Vocabulary alignment: curators Antoine, Michael
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Vocabulary_alignment

    --Archives and heterogeneous data: curators Karen, Emmanuelle
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Archives_and_heterogeneous_data

    --Citations: curators Mark, ?
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Citations

  7 use cases still need report and clustering:
    * Use Case Bridging OWL and UML
    * Use Case Ranking Search Results by Popularity using Circulation Data
    * Use Case Library Address Data
    * Use Case NLL Digitized Map Archive
    * Use Case Talis Prism 3
    * Use Case Collecting material related to courses at The Open University
    * Use Case Editing reports on new academic documents

-- Other relevant wiki pages
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Template
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UCCuration - guidelines for editors
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UCRationale - background
and rationale for use cases
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseNotes - links to
potential use cases
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dimensions - things
discussed in use cases
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCasesVsTopics  use
case coverage
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics - topics for Use
Cases (and LLD generally)

ACTION: emma, kcoyle, GordonD, Marcia, bvatant to structure the
discussion of use cases in light of the topic list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minutes.html#action01]

ACTION: Use-case owner(s) to check table and matches [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action03]

ACTION: Topic owners to check table and think about supplying
additional use-cases [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action04]

ACTION: Participants to volunteer as use case 'shepherds' by signing
their names in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action08]

ACTION: Karen and Emma to curate archive cluster for end of december
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action02]

ACTION: Kai and Ed to curate citations cluster for end of december
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action03]

ACTION: Mark (and someone else) to curate digital objects cluster for
end of december [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action04]

ACTION: Gordon and Martin to curate bibliographic data cluster for end
of december [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action05]

ACTION: Jeff and Alexander to curate authority data cluster for end of
december [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action06]

ACTION: Antoine and Michael to curate vocabulary alignment cluster for
end of december [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action07]


----------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Vocabularies

--Wiki pages for listing vocabularies:
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabularies

  --Vocabularies discussion during F2F
   See http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#vocs
- minutes
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Vocabularies_14:00-15:30_.2B_16:00-17:30
 requirements on vocabularies

  --Ed and Paul to report on creating an application for browsing Use
Cases and Topics

ACTION: for each use case champion: on the Vocabularies page, link to
each URL use case that uses it [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action01]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Requirements

--Wiki pages for initial gathering of requirements:
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Requirements

--First requirements extracted during F2F meeting:
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Issues_identified_as_requirements.2C_and_recommendations_for_future_work
 topics corresponding to requirements

----------------------------------------------------------------------
6. Topics
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics

--Current Topics page
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics

ACTION: Karen to add short names to the topics page [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action09]
--DONE
    -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0079.html

--Topics discussed at F2F
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Use_cases_.26_Topics_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30

--Ways to go forward with topics, to be discussed:
   * create wiki categories ? (Jodi's proposition)
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0090.html
   * OWL and RDF description ? (Bernard's proposition)
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0098.html
   * new Topics page with each topic as a subtitle ? (Tom's proposition)
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed

ACTION: Tom to re-categorize AGRIS under Bibliographic Data. [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action02]
-- DONE
    -> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Use_Cases&diff=1925&oldid=1918

ACTION: GordonD and antoine to study use cases that relate to
vocabulary merging use case [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action01]

ACTION: Jeff to review the UK eGovernment document on identifiers.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action03]

ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT
architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04]

ACTION: Emma and Antoine to create use case DATA.SEARCH-OPTIMIZATION
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action06]

-- Community building and outreach
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RelatedGroups
   Last discussed at:
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/17-lld-minutes.html#item03

ACTION: on everyone to update the Events page
(http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD/Events) on the wiki regularly
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action05]


----------------------------------------------------------------------
7. Other Wiki pages for capturing relevant links and ideas

ACTION: Ross to create a page with LLD data sets on the wiki [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action11]

-- Graphics, presentations, and other re-usable content
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Presentations

-- Events where members attend or present the group
   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD/Events

-- Library terminology informally explained (Karen)
   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_terminology_informally_explained

-- Library data resources and terminology (Karen)
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources

-- How library standards are related (Emmanuelle)
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/File:LayeredModelV3.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Upcoming topics - FYI...

-- Technology and best practices (placeholder for future LLD XG work)
   Waiting until progress has been made on Use Cases and Topics

-- Youtube Video
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/YouTube_Video

----------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Upcoming face-to-face meetings

    Cologne - http://swib.org/swib10/
    -- Informal meeting of XG members at SWBIB 2010 on
       the morning of 1 December - contact Joachim Neubert <J.Neubert@zbw.eu>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
10. AOB
Received on Wednesday, 27 October 2010 20:02:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 27 October 2010 20:02:53 GMT