W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > October 2010

Re: Minutes of 2010-10-14 LLD meeting

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:58:42 +0200
Message-ID: <4CB817C2.70508@few.vu.nl>
To: "Halb, Wolfgang" <Wolfgang.Halb@joanneum.at>
CC: "public-xg-lld@w3.org" <public-xg-lld@w3.org>


> The minutes of today's meeting will be available at http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-minutes.html

Unfortunately I can't edit that one :-)
The minutes are at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/14-lld-minutes.html

Thanks a lot, Wolfgang!

Antoine


>
> Text version below.
>
> Cheers,
> Wolfgang
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>    [1]W3C
>
>        [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                  LLD XG
>
> 14 Oct 2010
>
>     [2]Agenda
>
>        [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0052.html
>
>     See also: [3]IRC log
>
>        [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>     Present
>            Thomas Baker (TomB), Anette Seiler (aseiler), Jeff Young (jeff_), Jodi Schneider (jodi), Martin Malmsten (marma), Alexander Haffner (AlexanderH), Felix Sasaki (Felix), Gordon Dunsire (GordonD), Ross Singer (rsinger), Wolfgang Halb (whalb), Peter Murray (pmurray), Jonathan Rees (jar), Kai Eckert (kai), Ray Denenberg (Ray), Karen Coyle (kcoyle), Kevin Ford (kefo), Asaf Bartov (Asaf), Bernard Vatant (bvatant), Kim Viljanen (digikim), Michael Panzer (michaelp)
>
>     Regrets
>            Emmanuelle, Antoine, Lars
>
>     Chair
>            Tom
>
>     Scribe
>            whalb
>
> Contents
>
>       * [4]Topics
>           1. [5]admin
>           2. [6]Pittsburgh face-to-face meetings
>           3. [7]Use cases and case studies
>           4. [8]Other Wiki pages for capturing relevant links and ideas
>           5. [9]Upcoming topics - FYI...
>           6. [10]Upcoming face-to-face meetings
>           7. [11]aob
>       * [12]Summary of Action Items
>       _________________________________________________________
>
>     <TomB>  Previous:
>     [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu
>     tes.html
>
>       [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html
>
>     <marka>  same here, phone troubles
>
>     <kcoyle>  karen
>
>     <TomB>  Scribe: whalb
>
>     <TomB>  Scribenick: whalb
>
>     <digikim>  hello
>
>     <ww>  all circuits busy on the uk dialin number :(
>
>     tomb: important thing is to make sure agenda is ok
>
>     <digikim>  digikim calling
>
>     <digikim>  (is zakim awake?)
>
> admin
>
>     proposal: accept minutes of last telco
>     [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu
>     tes.html
>
>       [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html
>
>     resolved: accept minutes of previous telco
>
> Pittsburgh face-to-face meetings
>
>     tomb: two meetings, one friday afternoon about application profiles
>     ... main meeting on saturday and half of sunday
>     ... for the meeting on friday preparation:
>     [15]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010
>     ... content will change until tomorrow
>
>       [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010
>
>     marcia: will put a link to current model
>
>     tomb: meeting on saturday, required reading is charter
>     ... use cases:
>     ... there is a list of background, topic list, how use cases relate
>     to topics
>     ... most people will present one use case, a few will have to
>     present more
>     ... people please add names to use cases in brackets
>
>     <marma>  Got disconnected
>
>     <TomB>
>     [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Oct/0058.html
>
>       [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Oct/0058.html
>
>     <TomB>
>     [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Citation_of_S
>     cientific_Datasets
>
>       [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Citation_of_Scientific_Datasets
>
>     <TomB>
>     [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Enhanced_Publ
>     ications
>
>       [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Enhanced_Publications
>
>     tomb: we dont have to assign namens right now to new use cases
>     ... but we need at least one member per use case, each f2f attendant
>     assigned to at least one use case
>     ... use case assignment is to read use case description and prepare
>     for discussion
>     ... everybody should sign up for at least one use case (to lead
>     discussion)
>     ... maybe prepare some bullet points for driving discussion in the
>     right direction
>
>     <Abartov>  +q use case owners
>
>     <michaelp>  I would be happy to lead discussion for Authority date
>     enrichment
>
>     <jeff_>
>     [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_cas
>     e_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30
>
>       [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30
>
>     <pmurray>  I picked up the NDNP use case on the F2F agenda.
>
>     tomb: will send out a reminder to list of use cases are still not
>     covered tomorrow
>
>     <GordonD>  All note: list of assigned rapporteurs has changed
>     significantly since this agenda was prepared!
>
>     tomb: there is quite some background reading, it is not necesary to
>     read everything in detail
>
>     <marcia>  Will the case presented in this order as listed, or in
>     'related' groups?
>
>     tomb: we have to keep in mind that there are only 7 months left for
>     the xg
>
>     <Abartov>  (remember: some UC owners can't make it to the F2F, but
>     would be very happy to answer questions before and even during the
>     F2F, remotely)
>
>     <marcia>  +q
>
>     <jodi>  marcia: IMO, 'related' would be nice, if it's obvious what's
>     related to what.
>
>     tomb: we should be able to define what we want to achieve in the
>     remaining 7 months
>
>     <jodi>  y
>
>     <jeff_>  y
>
>     <michaelp>  y
>
>     <kcoyle>  yep
>
>     <rsinger>  well, i am
>
>     <kefo>  yes
>
>     tomb: we should sort out what is achievable
>
>     <bvatant>  yes we are
>
>     <marma>  y
>
>     <marcia>  +q
>
>     <digikim>  :)
>
> Use cases and case studies
>
>     tomb: going through actions...
>
>     kcoyle: regarding action01 - we have done what can be done before
>     the meeting
>     ... action will be continued
>
>     rayd: question regarding friday meeting: if someone not registered
>     for dc meeting will she/he have to pay?
>
>     <GordonD>  May depend on venue security?
>
>     tomb: theoretically should be registered, in practice dont know
>
>     marcia: can ask dc committee if it is ok for unregistered
>     participants
>     ... how many minutes should be taken for each case, what order of
>     presentation?
>
>     tomb: would be good idea to group the use cases
>     ... we dont need to sort that out today but we should start grouping
>     and do it over the coming week
>
>     <GordonD>  +1 Tom's suggestion
>
>     kcoyle: we need to look at topic list
>
>     <GordonD>  Suggest a pragmatic approach and finalise groupings just
>     before meeting
>
>     <markva>  I understood it was necessary and registered...
>
>     tomb: regarding action03 i suggest that we carry that action forward
>     as use cases keep coming in
>
>     <scribe>  ACTION: emma, kcoyle, GordonD, Marcia, bvatant to structure
>     the discussion of use cases in light of the topic list [recorded in
>     [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minu
>     tes.html#action01] [CONTINUES] [CONTINUES]
>
>       [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minutes.html#action01
>
>     <scribe>  ACTION: Use-case owner(s) to check table and matches
>     [recorded in
>     [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu
>     tes.html#action03] [CONTINUES]
>
>       [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action03
>
>     <scribe>  ACTION: Karen to add short names to the topics page
>     [recorded in
>     [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu
>     tes.html#action09] [CONTINUES]
>
>       [22] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action09
>
>     <Abartov>  "champions" :)
>
>     <GordonD>  De facto word for uc presenters is Presenter
>
> Other Wiki pages for capturing relevant links and ideas
>
>     <rsinger>
>     [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_data_in_Semantic_Web_form
>     ats
>
>       [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_data_in_Semantic_Web_formats
>
>     <jodi>  in general, I prefer using the world-writable wiki
>
>     <rayd>  +q
>
>     <scribe>  ACTION: Participants to volunteer as use case 'shepherds'
>     by signing their names in
>     [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_cas
>     e_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30 [recorded in
>     [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu
>     tes.html#action08] [CONTINUES]
>
>       [24] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30
>       [25] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action08
>
>     <jodi>  yes, let's make a template :)
>
>     <kcoyle>  agree
>
>     <Abartov>  Are you proposing to begin collecting ontologies and
>     vocabularies for LLD?
>
>     <rsinger>  no, datasets
>
>     <Abartov>  rsinger: oh, I see. thanks.
>
> Upcoming topics - FYI...
>
>     tomb: nothing to discuss atm
>
> Upcoming face-to-face meetings
>
>     tomb: reminder for meeting
>
> aob
>
>     <Abartov>  +q
>
>     <marma>  We're having trouble with the phones at KB. Will follow IRC.
>     Sorry.
>
>     tomb: hotel is in transition from hilton to new management, link has
>     been posted to list
>     ... if anyone is concerned about reservation you can call the hotel
>     to check
>     ... hotel is trying to make transition as smooth as possible
>
>     <GordonD>  All: looking forward to seeing most of you next week!
>
>     tomb: looking forward to meeting participants at conference
>     ... there will be no call next week
>     ... irc will be used for friday afternoon meeting
>     ... remote participants are welcome
>     ... on saturday zakim and irc will also be used and remote
>     participants are invited to join by voice or irc
>
>     <Abartov>  -q
>
>     tomb: on sunday no zakim will be used because of the costs (no
>     sponsor for wifi)
>     ... notes will be taken
>
>     <jar_>  I recommend someone bring an access point anyhow
>
>     <jar_>  even if no Internet, you can use it for file transfer, local
>     web servers etc
>
>     <jodi>  bye
>
>     tomb: look forward to meeting at f2f and in 2 weeks at next call
>
>     <jar_>  sorry I won't be there
>
>     <bvatant>  bye
>
>     <marcia>  have a good trip, all
>
>     <rsinger>  bye!
>
>     <AlexanderH>  thx bye
>
>     <kefo>  bye
>
>     <aseiler>  bye
>
>     <digikim>  thanks
>
>     [adjourned]
>
>     <markva>  sorry I wasnt on the phone, VU phone central not working...
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>     [PENDING] ACTION: emma, kcoyle, GordonD, Marcia, bvatant to
>     structure the discussion of use cases in light of the topic list
>     [recorded in
>     [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minu
>     tes.html#action01]
>     [PENDING] ACTION: Karen to add short names to the topics page
>     [recorded in
>     [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu
>     tes.html#action09]
>     [PENDING] ACTION: Participants to volunteer as use case 'shepherds'
>     by signing their names in
>     [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_cas
>     e_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30 [recorded in
>     [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu
>     tes.html#action08]
>     [PENDING] ACTION: Use-case owner(s) to check table and matches
>     [recorded in
>     [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu
>     tes.html#action03]
>     [DONE] ACTION: Topic owners to check table and think about supplying additional use-cases
>     [recorded in
>     [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu
>     tes.html#action04]
>
>
>       [26] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minutes.html#action01
>       [27] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action09
>       [28] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30
>       [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action08
>       [30] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action03
>       [31] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action04
>
>     [End of minutes]
>
>
>
Received on Friday, 15 October 2010 08:59:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 15 October 2010 08:59:17 GMT