Re: Curating the Goals of Use Cases

From: Mark van Assem <mark@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 13:12:56 +0100
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
CC: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Hi Antoine!

(sorry for delay, slow connections in China)

> Otherwise a small comment on naming. You make the distinction between
> RELATE and ASSOCIATE, based on whether the target link between entities
> exist in the data or is discovered as part of the case's scenario. To me
> this also suggest the links would be of different (semantic) types. If
> it is not the case, then I prefer the qualifier approach you had for the
> previous list [3], where you had RELATIONS and RELATIONS-NEW (just to
> make it 100% clear, it's the qualifier I like; on RELATIONS vs RELATE I
> have strictly no opinion ;-)).

We have decided to remove ASSOCIATE, and only have RELATE. Per your
suggestion, qualifiers can be used to indicate whether it's "existing"
and/or "new" relations that are represented, and the type of relation,
e.g. "aggregation", so you would get e.g.

RELATE (existing, aggregate).

Best,
Mark

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Goals