W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > November 2010

AW: Agenda - Nov 4 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: Neubert Joachim <J.Neubert@zbw.eu>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:09:59 +0100
Message-ID: <3A59BB6451C972429019B12996F92DAD02E4D6CC@frodo.zbw-nett.zbw-kiel.de>
To: "Antoine Isaac" <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, "public-xg-lld" <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Not sure if I can make it today - Sorry, Joachim  


> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: public-xg-lld-request@w3.org 
> [mailto:public-xg-lld-request@w3.org] Im Auftrag von Antoine Isaac
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 3. November 2010 13:20
> An: public-xg-lld
> Betreff: Agenda - Nov 4 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
> 
> Agenda - Nov 4 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
> 
> Time - 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
>      0700 Seattle
>      1000 New York
>      1400 London (NOTE DIFFERENT SCHEDULES FOR NON-US PARTICIPANTS)
>      1500 Paris
>      2200 Kuala Lumpur
>      2300 Tokyo
>      0100 (+1) Sydney
> 
> W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
>       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group list
>       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     - 
> community list
> 
> LLD XG telecons:
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
>       Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
>           persons invited by chairs.
> 
> Chair:  Antoine
> Scribe: ?
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html 
> (scribing instructions)
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics#Nicknames
> 
> Regrets:
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 1. Admin
> 
> -- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
> 
>      PROPOSED: To accept minutes of previous telecon:
>      
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/28-lld-mi
nutes.html
> 
>      Upcoming next telecons, with scheduled chairs and 
> regrets received:
>          2010-11-11 Tom
>          2010-11-18 Antoine
>          2010-11-25 Emmanuelle
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 2. Report on Pittsburgh face-to-face meetings
> 
> -- Friday, 22 October Joint meeting of LLD XG with DCMI 
> Architecture Forum
>     "Application Profiles for Linked Data: Models & Requirements"
>      -- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010 - agenda
> 
>      PROPOSED: To accept minutes of Joint meeting:
>      
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/22-lld-mi
nutes.html
> 
> 
> -- Saturday and Sunday, 23-24 October - Face-to-face meeting of LLD XG
> 
>     -- Documents
>        
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh - agenda
>        
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes
> - outcomes
> 
>      PROPOSED: To accept minutes and outcomes of F2F meeting:
>        
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-mi
nutes.html
>        
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-mi
nutes.html
>        
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes
> 
> -- Is the current agenda complete? Does anyone notice any important
>     documents not listed?
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 3. Use cases and case studies
>      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases
> 
> -- Use cases grouped in 6 clusters
> 
>      --Bibliographic data: curators Gordon, Martin
>      
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Bi
bliographic_data
> 
>      --Authority data: curators Jeff, Alex
>      
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Au
thority_data
> 
>      --Vocabulary alignment: curators Antoine, Michael
>      
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Vo
cabulary_alignment
> 
>      --Archives and heterogeneous data: curators Karen, Emmanuelle
>      
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Ar
chives_and_heterogeneous_data
> 
>      --Citations: curators Mark, Jodi, Asaf
>      
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Citations
> 
> --> Plans of the Digital Objects cluster team
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0122.html
> 
> --> Curating the Goals of Use Cases
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Nov/0003.html
> 
>    7 use cases still need report and clustering:
>      * Use Case Bridging OWL and UML
>      * Use Case Ranking Search Results by Popularity using 
> Circulation Data
>      * Use Case Library Address Data
>      * Use Case NLL Digitized Map Archive
>      * Use Case Talis Prism 3
>      * Use Case Collecting material related to courses at The 
> Open University
>      * Use Case Editing reports on new academic documents
> 
> ACTION: People who didn't attend the face-to-face should 
> volunteer to shepherd a new use case. [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action06]
> 
> -- Other relevant wiki pages
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Template
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseNotes - 
> links to potential use cases
>     
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCasesVsTopics - 
> use case coverage
> 
> ACTION: Karen and Emma to curate archive cluster for end of 
> december [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-mi
nutes.html#action02]
> 
> ACTION: Kai and Ed to curate citations cluster for end of 
> december [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-mi
nutes.html#action03]
> 
> ACTION: Mark (and Jodi and Asaf) to curate digital objects 
> cluster for end of december [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-mi
nutes.html#action04]
> 
> ACTION: Gordon and Martin to curate bibliographic data 
> cluster for end of december [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-mi
nutes.html#action05]
> 
> ACTION: Jeff and Alexander to curate authority data cluster 
> for end of december [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-mi
nutes.html#action06]
> 
> ACTION: Antoine and Michael to curate vocabulary alignment 
> cluster for end of december [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-mi
nutes.html#action07]
> 
> ACTION: People who were not at the face-to-face meeting 
> volunteer to join a cluster [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action03]
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 4. Topics
>      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics
> 
> --Topics discussed at F2F
>     
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outco
> mes#Use_cases_.26_Topics_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30
> 
> --Ways to go forward with topics, to be discussed:
>     * create wiki categories ? (Jodi's proposition)
>       
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0090.html
>     * OWL and RDF description ? (Bernard's proposition)
>       
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0098.html
>     * new Topics page with each topic as a subtitle ? (Tom's 
> proposition)
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed
> 
> --Do we want to keep track of all discussions in relation to 
> Topics?  How?
> --> identifiers 
> --> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Nov/0000.html
> --> VIAF modeling choices 
> --> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Oct/0107.html
> --> FRAD/FRSAD/FOAF/SKOS 
> --> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Oct/0127.html
> 
> ACTION: GordonD and antoine to study use cases that relate to 
> vocabulary merging use case [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-mi
nutes.html#action01]
> 
> ACTION: Jeff to review the UK eGovernment document on identifiers.
> [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-mi
nutes.html#action03]
> 
> ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general 
> purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with 
> caching feature [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-mi
nutes.html#action04]
> 
> ACTION: Emma and Antoine to create use case 
> DATA.SEARCH-OPTIMIZATION [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-mi
nutes.html#action06]
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 5. Vocabularies
> 
> --Wiki pages for listing vocabularies:
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabularies
> 
>    --Vocabularies discussion during F2F
>     
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-mi
nutes.html#vocs
> - minutes
>     
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outco
> mes#Vocabularies_14:00-15:30_.2B_16:00-17:30
> - topics for vocabularies
> 
> --> minutes say that some topics (re. vocabulary design best 
> practices 
> --> (and hosting))
> could be deliverables ("let's make this part of the 
> deliverables discussion").
> Is 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outco
> mes#Deliverables_that_the_XG_should_achieve_within_its_lifetime
> in line?
> 
> -->  a note from William on MARC in RDF during F2F discussion
> [
> marc21 as rdf: curl -H "Accept: text/n3" 
> http://bibliographica.org/301b111e-0dc0-5e34-a5e6-06c461d51789/57512
> ]
> 
>    --Ed and Paul to report on creating an application for 
> browsing Use Cases and Topics
>     http://www.paulwalk.net/lldvis/
> 
> ACTION: for each use case champion: on the Vocabularies page, 
> link to each URL use case that uses it [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/mIncubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-m
inutes.html#action01]
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 6. Requirements
> 
> --Wiki pages for initial gathering of requirements:
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Requirements
> 
> --First requirements extracted during F2F meeting:
>     
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outco
> mes#Issues_identified_as_requirements.2C_and_recommendations_f
> or_future_work
> - topics corresponding to requirements
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 7. Other Wiki pages for capturing relevant links and ideas
> 
> -- Datasets
> 
> ACTION: Ross to create a page with LLD data sets on the wiki 
> [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-mi
nutes.html#action11]
> --> 
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_data_in_Semantic_Web_formats
> 
> ACTION: ww to present on how to use CKAN [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action01]
> 
> -- Graphics, presentations, and other re-usable content
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Presentations
> 
> -- Events where members attend or present the group
>     http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD/Events
> 
> -- Community building and outreach
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RelatedGroups
> 
> ACTION: on everyone to update the Events page
> (http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD/Events) on the wiki 
> regularly [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-mi
nutes.html#action05]
> 
> -- Library terminology informally explained (Karen)
>     
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_terminology_informally_
> explained
> 
> -- Library data resources and terminology (Karen)
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources
> 
> -- How library standards are related (Emmanuelle)
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/File:LayeredModelV3.pdf
> 
> -- Semantic Web Terminology (Karen and others?)
>     http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Semantic_Web_terminology
>     
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0124
.html  - discussion on "vocabularies"
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 8.  Upcoming topics - FYI...
> 
> -- Technology and best practices (placeholder for future LLD XG work)
>     Waiting until progress has been made on Use Cases and Topics
> 
> -- Youtube Video
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/YouTube_Video
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 9. Upcoming face-to-face meetings
> 
>      Cologne - http://swib.org/swib10/
>      -- Informal meeting of XG members at SWBIB 2010 on
>         the morning of 1 December - contact Joachim Neubert 
> <J.Neubert@zbw.eu>
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 10. AOB
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
Received on Thursday, 4 November 2010 14:10:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 4 November 2010 14:10:56 GMT