Re: Citation Cluster

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:52:59 -0500
To: "Tillett, Barbara" <btil@loc.gov>
Cc: Kai Eckert <kai@informatik.uni-mannheim.de>, public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>, "public-lld@w3.org" <public-lld@w3.org>
Hi Barbara,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Tillett, Barbara <btil@loc.gov> wrote:
> Why is "citation" not just an application of using bibliographic data that identifies a bibliographic entity?  Isn't the bibliographic data part (separate from the relationship information connecting the cited work and the citing work) the same as in a bibliographic record (granted less)?

I agree. Since there is a separate group working on Bibliographic Data
Cluster [1] I think this distinction is *very* important to make. Was
there some text in the Citation Cluster document [2] that seems to
contradict this, or muddy the waters? I just tried to tighten up our
definition a bit, but this is an evolving document so please feel free
to send specific suggestions to the list.

//Ed

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Cases#Cluster:_Bibliographic_data
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_Citations