Re: Meeting minutes: 2010-08-18

From: Emmanuelle Bermes <emmanuelle.bermes@bnf.fr>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:24:19 +0200
To: Ross Singer <ross.singer@talis.com>
Cc: public-xg-lld@w3.org
Thank you Ross for your efficient scribing !

I would like to add 2 things regarding these minutes :

- the decision regarding the deadline is not really clear in the minutes.
We agreed on the call that we would stick to the 25th August as a deadline
to come up with a little number of well curated use cases, so that we can
discuss them and validate the template. But LLD members can contribute use
cases after this date.

- in Gordon's report there are some crucial things missing, I suggest to
complete like that (if Gordon is OK, of course) :

>   GordonD: FRBR, as is, is deprecated in favor of a consolidated model
>   combining FRBR and FRSAD

A specific Namespaces task group  has been created within IFLA to work on
expressing FRBR as RDF
Also work on another standard, ISBD : International Standard...

>   ... bibliographic description different than FRBR, more similar to
>   RDA
>   ... specific rules about how elements should be displayed
>   ... will use a DC application profile for this
>   ... will feed back into DCMI and LLD
>   ... hope to make a crosslinking between FRBR and ISBD
>   ... much of the discussion taking place around linked data

Best,
Emmanuelle

--
=====