RE: is FRBR relevant?

William,

I suspect we are thinking about this problem differently. This URI
identifies a Web document:

http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh85148273

This URI identifies the concept of WWII:

http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh85148273#concept

Currently, there is no HTTP URI to identify the LC subject heading
"World War, 1939-1945".

If LC used SKOS XL they could "fix" that.

This is a subtle but important point related to Linked Data. I encourage
members of LLD XG to puzzle this out. Asking questions will help.

Jeff