Re: Discussion of neogeo ontology today

Carl,

Thanks for the reference to this. It is a rather unfortunate approach
since it is not format-compatible with anything else (e.g. ISO or
GML) and if fails to provide anything which can be handled by
existing Web search mechanisms.

The well-known quadrature of WGS84 (interleaved latitude, longitude)
at least allows text-search mechanisms to come up with spatial
groupings, but this proposal provides neither aspects nor
searchability. Perhaps we could come up with an alternative?

I had at one point include "GRL" geospatial resource locator as a Geo
XG work item, but lack of human resources have held it back.

Josh