  From: Joshua Lieberman
  To: Carl Reed OGC Account
  Cc: GeoXG GeoXG
  Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:54 PM
  Subject: Re: Discussion of neogeo ontology today

  Carl,

  Thanks for the reference to this. It is a rather unfortunate approach since it is not format-compatible with anything else (e.g. ISO or GML) and if fails to provide anything which can be handled by existing Web search mechanisms.

  The well-known quadrature of WGS84 (interleaved latitude, longitude) at least allows text-search mechanisms to come up with spatial groupings, but this proposal provides neither aspects nor searchability. Perhaps we could come up with an alternative?

  I had at one point include "GRL" geospatial resource locator as a Geo XG work item, but lack of human resources have held it back.

  Josh