Re: [EMOXG] Use Case 3 Requirements Analysis

Hi Ian and all,

interesting compilation.

What I found interesting is that you obviously don't plan to use
discrete (basic) emotions. Is that intended? Not that I'm a fan of
those, but I think there are some works in which basic emotions have
been used. But fine if you came to the conclusion that's not a good
idea.

Second, to the output events: This list seems to be reduced to
agents. But emotional output will also be generated by other
applications, for instance by choosing an appropriate background
colour, sounds, skin of the GUI, or fine-tuned phrasing of text
messages. If we also want to include ambient intelligence or so
called smart environments, then there is even more "emotional
output" thinkable, like dimming the lights, calm or stimulating
background noise, or odours.
I wonder if the output events class should be generic? There will be
ever new affect influenceing outputs available to systems.

Or are those applications too far off the intended goal of this project?

Christian

--
Ian Wilson schrieb:
> I have compiled an analysis of requirements from the suggestions or use case 3.
> This use case has requirements that are very similar to those described in the
> EARL specification.
>
> For all those members who have registered interest in use case 3 discussions
> (Jianhua and myself, Marc, Enrico, Jean-Claude, Paolo, Alejandra, Hannes,
> Catherine and Kostas) please look over the list for the following points:
>
> 1. Which items do you think should be cut from the set (if any)?
> 2. Which items do you think should be added to the set (if any)?
> 3. For requirements that you specified in the original set:
>    a. Have I interpreted them correctly?
>    b. Should they be listed differently?
>
> These questions should be enough for us to start I think. If you have any other
> ideas let me know, thanks.
>
> Best,
>
> Ian
> Emotion AI
> www.emotion.ai
> blog.emotion.ai

Christian Peter, Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics
Joachim Jungius Str. 11, 18059 Rostock, Germany

Phone:  +49 - 381 - 40 24 122; Fax:   +49 - 381 - 40 24 199
Email:  christian.peter@igd-r.fraunhofer.de
Digital signature:
you can download the RootCA at
http://pki.fhg.de/FhG-CA-Certs/FhG-CA_v2_cert.der