Re: EM Standards List

I will be adding some information to the wiki.

I know that Renato did mention "categorize". I would like to add that
without context, providing an unstructured list of possible applicable
standards for use in the EM community may be confusing. I suggest we think
of an architecture framework, even at a relatively course level such as the
seven layers of the IP stack. For example, there are a number of internet
standards, such as PIDF and location enabled SIP, that will be required by
law for use as part of the US Next Generation 9-1-1 initiative. These
standards are designed to work at various levels in the IP stack. Then we
have OASIS standards, such as CAP and xAL, that would be in the applications
layer of the stack. Then of course there are numerous OGC standards that
have high value for use in the EM community.

In addition to some level of reference architecture, process and wiring
diagrams might also help to show how each standard is related to another
standard for use in the EM community.

Just some initial thoughts.

Regards

Carl