Re: Web Audio API is now available in Chrome

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 01:03, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
> I'd like to announce that Google Chrome now supports the Web Audio API.  For
> now, it needs to be enabled in "about:flags" and runs on Mac OS X (Windows
> and Linux are nearly ready!).  I've updated the demo page with a link to the
> binary:
> http://chromium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/audio/index.html
> In addition to the downloadable binary I've provided, the code has made its
> way into the Chrome 10 release branch, and will be available in the Chrome
> developer channel (updated weekly).
> As a side note, the Apple Safari binary is built from the same audio engine
> code in WebKit.  Not surprisingly, the experience in both the browsers is
> very similar when using the audio API.  But I'm interested in any
> browser-specific bugs which people find.
> Here are some of the next things I plan to do:
> * Work on the final Windows and Linux porting work for Google Chrome
> * Take a vacation!
> * Develop comprehensive layout tests for the Web Audio API in WebKit.  This
> will result in a more stable and robust implementation, and can help the
> standardization process move further along.
> Cheers,
> Chris

Fantastic work, Chris!

Congratulations on finally having the code available in a non-nightly
build!  I know you've been working on the implementation for about a
year now, so it certainly must be a great feeling to release it to the
public.

I'm looking forward to the Windows build very much.

Kind regards,
Peter Beverloo