Re: Core Use Cases - v1.0

Hi Al,

Processing live input (singing or plugging your guitar in and adding live
effects) in the AudioNode approach would not be difficult.  But voice
telephony applications involve more than just this and I'm not an expert in
this field.

I haven't considered it in very much detail, but think that because the
AudioNode approach is modular there could be some possible applications in
conjunction with full-duplex communication.  I can try to involve some
people from Google Talk in this discussion since I'm sure they would have
more insight.

I know that Stefan Håkansson brought this topic up on the list before:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-audio/2010Jun/0087.html

And he has written about his own proposal:
https://labs.ericsson.com/blog/beyond-html5-full-duplex-conversational-voice-and-video-browsers-and-web-runtimes

I think that to a large extent the AudioNode-based web audio API I'm
proposing and a voice over IP API could be designed independently, but we
should be careful to consider any cases where the two would relate to one
another and make sure the APIs are designed well with this in mind.

Chris