Re: Making Web Audio APIs More Competitive with native

Hi all,

I joined the public forum relatively recently and
I've been reading this thread with great interest.
The work on the audio API thus far is impressive.

That said, I couldn't help wonder whether some of
the initiatives in other standards groups can be
merged into this effort - particularly that of
OpenSL ES (http://www.khronos.org/opensles/)
That would make the audio path symmetric compared
to what the visual group is doing with WebGL, which
is taking OpenGL ES and making it available via
a JavaScript API built atop Canvas 3D.

Any thoughts on this? On first glance, there doesn't
seem to be anything particularly limiting about
OpenSL ES (to me at least) that would make it
inappropriate for web use. I hope to get a better
idea of it in the coming days.

Anyone here who straddles both groups?

Regards,
-Srikumar