W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wsc-wg@w3.org > March 2008

Agenda: WSC WG weekly 2008-03-19

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 00:46:12 +0100
To: WSC WG <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20080318234612.GK151@iCoaster.does-not-exist.org>

Calling information:                                
Wednesday, 19 March 2008

11:00 am - 12:30 pm Eastern time
 8:00 am - 10:30 am Pacific time
16:00    - 17:30    Central European time

http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/#meetings
http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20080305

(Daylight savings time warning in effect: This call is at the usual
time for US participants, but one hour earlier for Europeans.)

Chair: tlr
Regrets: Mez

Agenda

1. Administrivia

   - pick a scribe
   - attendance
   - bash agenda
   - next meeting: 2008-03-26, Mez to chair, time zones will return
     to normal the week-end after that
   
   Warning: The latest editor's draft has seen some reshuffling of
   major sections, so section numbers in notes and action items will
   be out of synch.


2. Face-to-face logistics for Oslo; please remember to register

   http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/logistics-osl.html
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39814/wscf2fosl/


3. Minutes from previous meeting

   Draft: http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-wsc-minutes.html


4. Action items not otherwise covered in this agenda

   Proposed to close; I believe this was done in preparation for
   *last* meeting:

   [OPEN] ACTION-401: Johnathan Nightingale to Document/Screencap
   Larry as a lo-fi prototype candidate for the identity signal -
   due 2008-03-07
   
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Feb/0084.html


   Directly relevant to wsc-xit [LC-June], and not covered elsewhere
   in this agenda:

   [OPEN] ACTION-390: Thomas Roessler to Make it so [clean-up of
   error messages part of spec] - due 2008-03-21

   I believe ACTION-390 to be the only one that's currently blocking
   an (overdue) heartbeat Working Draft for wsc-xit, and hope to
   discharge it within the coming week.

   [OPEN] ACTION-400: Thomas Roessler to Merge text from ACTION-376
   (history storage language) - due 2008-03-21

   [OPEN] ACTION-402: Anil Saldhana to Put acknoledgements in xit -
   due 2008-03-14
   
   Proposed to continue ACTION-400 and ACTION-402 without
   discussion.


   Unclear how critical:

   [OPEN] ACTION-345: Maritza Johnson to Begin designing lo-fi user
   study for Browser Lockdown - due 2008-02-28

   Was ACTION-345 intended to be a toy problem to understand how
   lo-fi user studies work, or is it mostly targeting wsc-xit phase
   2?


   There seems to be some confusion what this action is all about:

   [OPEN] ACTION-371: Anil Saldhana to Take a stab at ISSUE-124 -
   due 2008-03-28

   http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/issues/124
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Mar/0023.html


   Relevant to further work, not critical path for LC-June, don't
   expect to dicuss:

   [OPEN] ACTION-350: Tyler Close to report about browser security
   model discussions - due 2008-04-01

   [OPEN] ACTION-365: Tyler Close to Propose subjAltName text for
   7.1 - due 2008-04-05
   (Now B.1.)

   [OPEN] ACTION-366: Tyler Close to Explicitly address the
   attributes called out here in terms of the matching algorithm,
   and work offline with stephenf for his clarification on dc= (and
   anything else) - due 2008-04-05

   [OPEN] ACTION-368: Tyler Close to Draft reversibility text for
   7.2.4 - due 2008-04-05
   (Now B.2.4.)


5. Review restructuring of section 7 Robustness (was: section 8)

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Mar/0098.html
   http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/rec/rewrite.html#Robustness

   Collect initial impressions and possible issues. Current material
   is unpolished.  There's probably too little time to have any kind
   of in-depth review in time for the call.

   Proposed to close these actions:

   [OPEN] ACTION-383: Thomas Roessler to Change editor's draft as
   outlined above [restructure 8.2-8.3] - due 2008-03-21
   
   [OPEN] ACTION-384: Thomas Roessler to Propose lang about
   currently interacted primary chrome always visible on screen [do
   jointly with ACTION-383, restructure 8.2-8.4] - due 2008-03-21


6. Review latest petnames proposal

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Mar/0097.html

   Proposed to close this action:

   [OPEN] ACTION-391: Tyler Close to Extract out petnames content,
   provide definition independent of section 7 - due 2008-02-22

   - Review of content.
   - Where do we put this?  Propose 6.1-ish.

7. Revisit 7.1.4 Do not mix content and security indicators (was:
   8.1)

   http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/rec/rewrite.html#site-identifying

   ISSUE-104 Some information in certificates is not trustworthy
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2007Dec/0066.html


8. Review updated language for 8.1 Do not use security indicator
   images to suggest trustworthiness (was: 9.1)

   http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/rec/rewrite.html#security-indicator-images
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Mar/0091.html


Apologies for the lateness of this agenda.

Regards,
-- 
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>
Received on Tuesday, 18 March 2008 23:46:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 18 March 2008 23:46:57 GMT