Basic Authentication - what do we have?

From: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:17:29 -0400
To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
What do we have in our set of proposals that addresses trust decisions
posed by Basic Authentication? The realm information (within the modal
dialog in the browser I use) is set by the web site. The browser I use
puts the domain in the title bar. When I have the resolution on my display
cranked down to increase the size of everything (something I do more and
more these days), the most pertinent part of the domain is truncated from
the right hand side of the dialog's title display. I very much want to
know that the domain ends in "ibm.com" when I think I'm typing in my IBM
password. What, if anything, do we have in our proposals that addresses
this?