Re: ISSUE-6 / ACTION-239: Mobile/device browsing

From: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:35:58 -0400
Cc: Web Security Context WG <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
To: "Jan Vidar Krey <janv" <janv@opera.com>
Thanks janvidar, Can you explain what each of the parenthetical items
mean? I don't even have a guess on "(interactive)" (OK, I do have a vague
guess - there's something the user can do interactively to see whether
there is a padlock or not?).

          Mez

ISSUE-6 / ACTION-239: Mobile/device browsing

Jan Vidar Krey
to:
Web Security Context WG
07/18/2007 05:39 PM

Sent by:
public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
Cc:
"Luis Barriga (KI/EAB)"

Hi all,

ACTION-239 has been lingering for a little too long, but I have finally
found
the time to look at it.

In the mean time, Luis has done considerable work on ISSUE-6 which is
related,
and I think the wiki page "UI Issues In Mobile Browsing" covers pretty
much
what I intended with ACTION-239.

I initially also wanted to tie this up with some real world embedded
browser
examples, and not just mobile devices. I have for this reason created a
separate wiki page for this:

http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/NoteOperaEmbeddedCurrentPractice

I have also outlined a few specific real-world problems on constrained
devices; What happens when your run out of memory? Is the page still
secure?

Cheers

-janvidar

--