ISSUE-6 / ACTION-239: Mobile/device browsing

From: Jan Vidar Krey <janv@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:39:20 +0200
To: Web Security Context WG <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
Cc: "Luis Barriga (KI/EAB)" <luis.barriga@ericsson.com>

Hi all,

ACTION-239 has been lingering for a little too long, but I have finally found
the time to look at it.

In the mean time, Luis has done considerable work on ISSUE-6 which is related,
and I think the wiki page "UI Issues In Mobile Browsing" covers pretty much
what I intended with ACTION-239.

I initially also wanted to tie this up with some real world embedded browser
examples, and not just mobile devices. I have for this reason created a
separate wiki page for this:

http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/NoteOperaEmbeddedCurrentPractice

I have also outlined a few specific real-world problems on constrained
devices; What happens when your run out of memory? Is the page still secure?

Cheers

-janvidar

--
Jan Vidar Krey