Re: Agenda: WSC WG distributed meeting, Wednesday, 2007-07-25

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:29:36 -0500
To: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org

On 2007-07-24 12:37:13 -0400, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> 7. wsc-usecases progress toward last call
> Let's take it to last call.

Well...  There's another batch of issues in our way to doing that.

At the last meeting, we agreed on reasonably concrete next steps for
a number of these, see the minutes:

ISSUE-6 on mobile browsers is in Tyler's field, see ACTION-269.  I'd
hope for an update.

ISSUE-38 is to be closed once the latest proposed edits are included
with the editor's draft.

ISSUE-73 (the process part) has some proposed changes that I had
raised and would like see included.  I believe that Tyler indicated
he's about to make these changes.

A number of issues weren't discussed at the last meeting, and need a

ISSUE-76 relates to section 7 and my list of concerns that Tyler was
planning to address.  I'd like an update on what we're going to do
with that.  While I recognize that we have decided not to aim at
perfection for section 7, I continue to find the current (i.e., last
I reviewed) state of that not very acceptable.

ISSUE-77 (concerns the threat trees) looks like it's ready to be
closed, with some related material tracked under ACTION-243.  I
think the changes I proposed in this message are not yet
incorporated; I also don't think there was any disagreement with

I'd like an update from Tyler on what has happened to this one.

ISSUE-83 (special abilities) looks like it might need more
discussion; I believe we currently have disagreement as to whether
the use case proposed by Dan should be included, and if so, how.

ISSUE-85 is in a somewhat unclear state. I see a tongue-in-cheek
remark from Bruno as the last material posted on this one, and no
further resolution.  If Bruno is on the call, it might make sense to
take it up; otherwise, this probably requires a round-trip by e-mail
(with an appropriate timeout set):

ISSUE-87 (multicultural aspects) is at a point where Bruno sent us a
nice document from ETSI on multicultural design in ICTs.  I don't
know of any concrete proposal on the table, and my message from 17
July has gone unanswered.  I'd propose closing without change,
unless Bruno resurfaces, or somebody else has a concrete proposal
(or volunteers to review the document we were sent, and extract
usefulness from it, in a very short amount of time):

ISSUE-90 (coordination with WAI) isn't something that would usefully
block a last call on the note, so I'd suggest we close (or at least
document we deem it non-blocking) without further discussion.  I had
proposed that on the list on 11 July, without a response.

ISSUE-91 (more collaboration considerations) is in the same

ISSUE-92 (P3P, filters, and WAI) has a discussion that doesn't seem
to have led to a conclusive proposal.  I wonder if we want to give
that another chance, or whether we anticipate that it doesn't lend
itself to useful changes to the note, and therefore should be

Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>