Re: ISSUE-81: Mobile Web in Scope

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:15:34 +0200
To: Robert Yonaitis <ryonaitis@hisoftware.com>
Cc: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>, Web Security Context WG <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>

On 2007-07-05 13:37:33 -0400, Robert Yonaitis wrote:

> It seems covered but are we suggesting that security context information
> must comply with:  mobileOK basic?

> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130/

It's not clear to me that the Mobile Web Best Practices include any
requirements that actually make sense for the communication of
security context information; however, the *constraints* that the
MWBPs address might indeed be relevant.

> If so it is not covered by 4.2. If we are just saying that a user
> agent on a phone is covered then it is.

My suggestion would be to keep the text as is, but ask the MWBP
group for review of some working draft of the rec-track deliverabe.

Cheers,