Re: ISSUE-79: Understandability of security settings

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:09:49 +0200
To: mzurko@us.ibm.com, bruno@vonniman.com
Cc: Web Security Context WG <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>

On 2007-07-05 09:01:53 -0400, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> I believe goal 2.3 gets at understandability, with the phrase
> "intended user interpretation". If you think there should be
> more, what concrete text would you propose?

I'm wondering if we're dealing with a philosophical difference here.
2.3 is carefully worded not to be about users understanding things,
but about them interpreting in the desired way.

These two things are rather different, and I seem to remember that
you like to quote Talleyrand on that in one of your talks.

Bruno, are you sure you really want to ask for user *understanding*?