RE: Firefox usability data on Location Bar

From: Close, Tyler J. <tyler.close@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:59:31 -0000
To: <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>

> From: Mike Beltzner [mailto:beltzner@mozilla.com]
> Anecdotally, we know that users are typing directly into the
> URL bar.
> Most of the time it's to search, but a lot of the time it's
> to go to a web address they've seen in an advertisement or on
> a billboard.

Can you give us more information about the "Anecdotally" part?

It's great that the Firefox3/Location Bar discussion is grounded in
usability data. We need to share that context with the WG so that we can
use it in our recommendations. If that usability data is sparser than
you'd like, that's fine, we're all poor here, but let's put what we've
got on the table.

Tyler