Re: Comments about the note

On 4-Apr-07, at 8:59 PM, Jan Vidar Krey wrote:

> 9.2.6 Status bar
>
> "(...) The displayed web page can also display any message of its
> choosing in
> this area."
>
> - Is this statement really true these days?

Pretty much, yeah. This is somewhat like the issue I raised about
<title> and favicons, though - the web browser has control, it's just
chosen to not exercise much of it. :)

> I would like to point out that not all user agents have much chrome
> at all
> due to lack of screen estate, especially mobile or TV browsers.
> Window title,
> location bar, status bar, etc is often omitted on these devices.

Or user agents in a low-chrome (ie: fullscreen) mode. That's fine.
This is status quo for most web browsers in default form. Even most
mobile browsers (well, mobile full-on web browsers) start with some
amount of chrome and then vanish it once the page loads.

cheers,
mike