category name of type xs:NCName

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:52:11 +0200
To: SAWSDL public list <public-ws-semann@w3.org>

Hi all,

our current schema [1] uses type xs:NCName for category name attribute.
The type NCName exists for XML element and attribute local names, in
particular it must not contain a colon ':'. It doesn't seem that our
category name needs to have this restriction as I don't believe we
intend category names to be XML element local names.

I'd suggest that we should use type xs:string for category names. If a
particular taxonomy does use its category names for XML element or
attribute local names, its category names will be restricted to a subset
of what we allow, which will not be a problem.

Jacek

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/spec/sawsdl.xsd