Introduction: Nick Gibbins

From: Nick Gibbins <nmg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:58:00 +0100
To: public-ws-semann@w3.org

I'm a lecturer in the School of Electronics and Computer Science at the
University of Southampton, and was previously a researcher on the Advanced
Knowledge Technologies (AKT) project. My background is in knowledge- and
agent-based systems, and I have a strong related research interest in
Web-based open hypermedia systems.

My research has focussed on the use of SW and SWS technologies for
organisational knowledge management. Along with Terry Payne, I'm currently
a member of the EU-funded TAO project, where we're developing methodologies
for migrating applications to semantics-based service oriented architectures.

I was a member of the W3C WebOnt WG during the development of OWL, and have
been tracking the subsequent developments in the SWBP WG.
--
Nick Gibbins                                            nmg@ecs.soton.ac.uk
IAM (Intelligence, Agents, Multimedia)             tel: +44 (0) 23 80598879