Re: Issue 6917: preliminary proposal for Event Tags; tag values

From: Li, Li (Li) <lli5@avaya.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:33:06 -0400
To: <public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>
Gil,

Thanks for the proposals. I have a few questions below.

1) After your revisions to the event tags, they now look very much like
SAWSDL, another W3C spec [1]. Would you consider adopting it instead of
inventing a new one?

2) WSDL already has a construct called port type that can group event
types (operations). If WSDL 2.0 is used, you can even get an interface
hierarchy (sort of like topic tree). Should we reuse this structure for
identifying event types as well?

3) Your examples attach event tags to the <wse:eventType> element
devised in a proposal to issue 6401. Do these examples suggest the event
tags can only be used in that element and therefore this issue (6917) is
dependent on issue 6401?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/sawsdl/

Li