W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > June 2007

[VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 44 - 2007-06-13

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:09:52 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC225743EFF0219E@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 44 - 2007-06-13

[VER 2]
1. Update agenda with recent email threads.
2. Update completed action items.

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Toufic Boubez (Jun 13)
William Henry (Jun 20)
----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Abbie Barbir
Dale Moberg
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston
Dale Moberg
Paul Knight
Yakov Sverdlov
Prasad Yendluri
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft June 06 telcon minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Schedule and future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

b) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

c) PR schedule

1) May 30th - Editors to deliver the updated Framework and Attachment drafts
DONE.

2) June 5th - Refresh the Framework & Attachment CR drafts and Primer WD
DONE.
http://www.w3.org/News/2007#item114

3) June 13th - Close remaining CR issues

4) June 20th - Editors to deliver the updated Framework and Attachment drafts

5) June 27th - WG decision to request the director to advance the Framework and Attachment drafts to PR

6) June 27th - Co-chairs to create the request to advance the Framework and Attachment drafts to PR

7) July 2 12noon EDT - Co-chairs and staff contact to meet with the director

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Refresh the Framework & Attachment CR drafts and Primer WD
DONE.
http://www.w3.org/News/2007#item114

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-279 Chris Ferris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Toms points
Status: In progress.

ACTION-286 Maryann Hondo to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0033.html

ACTION-300 Paul Cotton to make sure that the additional suggestions are not lost for the non-normative docs related to issue 4554

ACTION-303 Maryann Hondo will propose alternate bumper sticker and text for Best Practice * (Not Neccesary...)
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0033.html

ACTION-304 Chris Ferris to look at sections 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 and suggest additional text

ACTION-305 Maryann Hondo to generalize Best Practice 16 (Assertion XML should allow ...) to cover both ignorable and optional
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0033.html

ACTION-306 Chris Ferris to review BP 23 and associated text, Section 5.7.

ACTION-307 Asir to send updates to proposed new test cases (round 5) regarding normal form of output
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0025.html

ACTION-308 Chris Ferris to follow-up Asir's email http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0017.html
with proposal based on this discussion
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0024.html

ACTION-309 Ashok to provide a counter proposal that adds to the sentence proposed by Dale
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0026.html

ACTION-310 Asir to follow-up with David Hull to ask what clarification he would like to see
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0030.html

ACTION-311 Chris Ferris to follow with David Hull re issue 4598

ACTION-312 Toufic to propose a different wording for Good Practice G2 [Bug 4566]

ACTION-313 Maryann to review latest Primer and Guildlines with regards to her four points related to [Bug 3978]
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0033.html

6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios

i) Release-1-20070322
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html

ii) Release-2-20070501
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0010.html
and
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/?only_with_tag=Release-2-20070501

b) Release 3
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0035.html

c) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html
Status: We have now passed our CR exit criteria!!!

d) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/22xybz
Status: On Jun 11 only issue 4582 is open.

e) ISSUE 4582 test cases need coverage of nested policy for lax interse...
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4582

ACTION-307 Asir to send updates to proposed new test cases (round 5) regarding normal form of output
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0025.html

f) Time table for voting to exit CR
Status: We are currently planning to vote to exit CR on Jun 27.

7. Liaison items

a) ACTION-279 Chris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Toms points
Status: Ongoing.  Note that the WS-Addressing Metadata CR request has been made:

8. CR issues

a) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/yp9wp6

b) [Bug 4598] Some compact expressions appear not to have normal forms, David Hull
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4598
See note from David Hull:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0023.html

ACTION-310 Asir to follow-up with David Hull to ask what clarification he would like to see
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0030.html
Acceptance from David Hull:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0031.html

ACTION-311 Chris to follow with David Hull re issue 4598

c) [Bug 4561] clarification of domain-specific processing, Chris
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4561
See note from Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0253.html

ACTION-308 Chris t follow-up Asir's email http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0017.html
with proposal based on this discussion
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0024.html

d) [Bug 4583] Duplicate assertions in an alternative, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4583

ACTION-309 Ashok to provide a counter proposal that adds to the sentence proposed by Dale
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0026.html
Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0029.html
Ashok's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0032.html
Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0034.html

e) [Bug 4374] [Attachment] need to change qname for the ws-addr metadata elements in examples
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4374
Status: Left open to catch any later changes WS-Addressing Metadata.

9. Primer Document
Latest editor's draft:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0079.html

a) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/2a5uwj

b) Issue 4376: [Primer] need to change qname for the ws-addr metadata elements in examples
Status: Left open to catch any later changes WS-Addressing Metadata.

10. Guidelines issues

a) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/ywtogs

b) [Bug 3988]: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected

c) [Bug 4566]: Guideline G2 to be reconsidered, Toufic
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4566
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0214.html

ACTION-312 Toufic to propose a different wording for Good Practice G2 [Bug 4566]

d) [Bug 3978]: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html

ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html

ACTION-313 Maryann to review latest Primer and Guidelines with regards to her four points related to [Bug 3978]
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0033.html
Note: The above email covers AIs 286, 303, 305, and 313:
Reply from David O:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0036.html

e) Issue 4375: [Guidelines] need to change qname for the ws-addr metadata elements in examples
Status: This issue is effectively resolved, but left open until WS-A Metatada goes CR.

11. Adjourn

/* end of agenda */
Received on Wednesday, 13 June 2007 04:10:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:52 GMT