W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > April 2007

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 37 - 2007-04-18

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:13:24 -0400
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF5A049FA0.6BF27D38-ON852572BF.005E31AD-852572BF.005E8874@us.ibm.com>
Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 37 - 2007-04-18

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the 
WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Mark Temple-Raston (scribe Wed Apr 18)
Dale Moberg (scribe Wed Apr 25)
Paul Knight (scribe Wed May 2)
----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Yakov Sverdlov
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu
Frederick Hirsch

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft Apr 11 minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done Wed-Fri.

c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989

b) Editorial plan for revised Interop Scenarios

ACTION-277 Editors to provide plan for producing 1 May interop document.

ACTION-278 Editors to update test suite with changes proposed in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0030.html

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-243 Asir to produce a list of change areas in the framework and 
attachments primer and guidelines specs related to a change in the 
reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the latest 
available published committee draft

ACTION-274 Chris to look at Round4 UDDI scores

ACTION-275 Abbie to check on fixed IP range visible for external use

ACTION-276 Asir to respond to Doug and propose scenarios paragraph to 
clarify negative test scenarios.

ACTION-277 Editors to provide plan for producing 1 May interop document.

ACTION-278 Editors to update test suite with changes proposed in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0030.html

ACTION-279 Chris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom's points about 
WS-Addressing Metatdata work

ACTION-280 Glen to propose text amending charlton's proposal to address 
ignorable

6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios, Release-1-20070322
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html

b) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322

c) Remote testing for Ottawa
ACTION-275 Abbie to check on fixed IP range visible for external use

d) ACTION-274 Chris to look at Round4 UDDI scores

e) Other interop related items

7. CR issues

a) Issue 4318: [All docs] Which WS-SecurityPolicy version should be used 
as a reference
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4318
Status: Currently on hold until later in CR.

8. Liaison items

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata 
specification
Email to WS-A WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html

Status: WS-Addressing WG response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0007.html
See thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0012.html

Tactical:
ACTION-271 Asir to pick up the text pointed out by Chris in Section 3.2 
and answer Ashok\\'s question (by reading the letter of the law)
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0017.html

Strategic:
ACTION-270 Maryann to work with monica, asir, ashok and others to prepare 
proposal for some text in the guidelines doc that addresses the semantics 
of a constraint as it applies to nested policy
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0022.html
Status: Apr 11: The WG agreed to have email discussion of this message.

a) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.

ACTION-279 Chris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom's points about 
WS-Addressing Metatdata work

9. Primer issues

a) Issue 4393: Add text to strict and lax policy intersection discussion 
describing how a policy consumer can determine issues due to intersection 
mode conflicts
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4393

ACTION-255 Charlton Barreto to open new primer issue to relate to the 
discussion of 4292
ACTION-256 Monica to create new primer issue related to 4262 Monica Martin 
2007-03-21
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0124.html
Status: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0004.html
Monica's ack that Charlton's proposal covered her AI:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0014.html

ACTION-272 Charlton to work with Asir and prepare a revised proposal for 
4393
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0024.html

Revision to part of this proposal is in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0036.html

ACTION-280 Glen to propose text amending charlton's proposal to address 
ignorable

b) Versioning and extensibility in primer needs cleanup, Maryann Hondo
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4414
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0111.html
Status: April 4: Maryann and David are discussing this item offline.

10. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment 
mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html

ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the 
Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html

b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, 
Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0020.html

11. Guideline issues, Part 2

a) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected

12. Any other business

13. Adjournment

Cheers, 

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295 
Received on Monday, 16 April 2007 17:14:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:49 GMT