W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > April 2007

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 36 - 2007-04-11

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 06:41:23 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC2257316359C5BE@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 36 - 2007-04-11

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Frederick Hirsch (scribe Wed Apr 11)
Mark Temple-Raston (scribe Wed Apr 18)
Paul Knight (scribe Wed Apr 25)
----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Yakov Sverdlov
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft Apr 4 minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done Wed-Fri.

c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-243 Asir to produce a list of change areas in the framework and attachments primer and guidelines specs related to a change in the reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the latest available published committee draft

ACTION-260 Maryann to provide revised proposal for 4074

ACTION-264 Asir to update the dashboard with negative tests

ACTION-265 Chris to update the dashboard summary with negative tests

ACTION-269 Felix to update namespace document to refect current drafts of CR specs
DONE.  See:
http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy/

ACTION-270 Maryann to work with monica, asir, ashok and others to prepare proposal for some text in the guidelines doc that addresses the semantics of a constraint as it applies to nested policy

ACTION-271 Asir to pick up the text pointed out by Chris in Section 3.2 and answer Ashok's question (by reading the letter of the law)
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0017.html
ACTION-272 Charlton to work with Asir and prepare a revised proposal for 4393

ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html

6. Liaison items

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata specification
Email to WS-A WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html

Status: WS-Addressing WG response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0007.html
See thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0012.html

Tactical:
ACTION-271 Asir to pick up the text pointed out by Chris in Section 3.2 and answer Ashok\\'s question (by reading the letter of the law)
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0017.html

Strategic:
ACTION-270 Maryann to work with monica, asir, ashok and others to prepare proposal for some text in the guidelines doc that addresses the semantics of a constraint as it applies to nested policy

a) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.

7. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios, Release-1-20070322
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html

b) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322

c) Additional Round1 and Round2 results
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html

d) MIME type test results
Microsoft results available:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007Apr/0000.html

e) Corrections to Round4 UDDI results
Status: Asir and Prasad have revised the Round4 UDDI results.

f) Ottawa F2F interop work plan, Paul
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007Apr/0006.html

8. CR issues

a) Issue 4318: [All docs] Which WS-SecurityPolicy version should be used as a reference
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4318
Status: Currently on hold until later in CR.

9. Primer issues

a) Issue 4393: Add text to strict and lax policy intersection discussion describing how a policy consumer can determine issues due to intersection mode conflicts
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4393

ACTION-255 Charlton Barreto to open new primer issue to relate to the discussion of 4292
ACTION-256 Monica to create new primer issue related to 4262 Monica Martin 2007-03-21
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0124.html
Status: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0004.html
Monica's ack that Charlton's proposal covered her AI:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0014.html

ACTION-272 Charlton to work with Asir and prepare a revised proposal for 4393

b) Versioning and extensibility in primer needs cleanup, Maryann Hondo
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4414
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0111.html
Status: April 4: Maryann and David are discussing this item offline.

10. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html

ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html

b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
Status: due Monday 4/8

11. Guideline issues, Part 2

a) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected

12. Any other business

13. Adjournment



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Monday, 9 April 2007 13:41:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:49 GMT