W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > April 2007

RE: Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 34 - 2007-04-04

From: Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:49:32 -0700
To: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <C9BF0238EED3634BA1866AEF14C7A9E534E5A9A67F@NA-EXMSG-C116.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
FYI - last week, the WG closed the following actions:


a)  ACTION-242 OPEN Provide expected outcome docs for Feature 23 test cases Ashok Malhotra

b)  ACTION-250 OPEN Have timestamps on document and stable packages for release Asir Vedamuthu

c)  ACTION-251 OPEN Work out a process for making the interop scenario/test cases available as a "package" so that we have an ED and WD versions Editors

d)  ACTION-255 Charlton Barreto to open new primer issue to relate to the discussion of 4292

e)  ACTION-256 Monica to create new primer issue related to 4262 Monica Martin

f)  ACTION-258 Editors to double check that the republished Attachments document reflects the latest WSDL1.1 Identifiers draft

g)  ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.

Regards,

Asir S Vedamuthu
Microsoft Corporation



From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Christopher B Ferris
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:51 AM
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Subject: Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 34 - 2007-04-04


Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 34 - 2007-04-04

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Asir Vedamuthu (scribe Wed Apr 4)
Frederick Hirsch (scribe Wed Apr 11)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Paul Knight
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Mark Temple-Raston
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Yakov Sverdlov
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of Mar 28 minutes
Draft minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/28-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done Wed-Fri.

c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-253 Chris Ferris to convey the disposition of WSDL WG comments to the WSDL WG
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0131.html

ACTION-242<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/242> OPEN Provide expected outcome docs for Feature 23 test cases<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/242> Ashok Malhotra 2007-03-07

ACTION-243 OPEN Produce a list of change areas in the framework and attachments primer and guidelines specs related to a change in the reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the latest available published committee draft<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/243> Asir Vedamuthu 2007-04-07

ACTION-250<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/250> OPEN Have timestamps on document and stable packages for release <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/250> Asir Vedamuthu 2007-03-20

ACTION-251 OPEN Work out a process for making the interop scenario/test cases available as a "package" so that we have an ED and WD versions<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/251> Editors 2007-03-20

ACTION-252 OPEN Open new follow-up issue to 4370<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/252> Fabian Ritzmann 2007-03-20

ACTION-255 OPEN Open new primer issue to relate to the discussion of 4292<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/255> Charlton Barreto 2007-03-21

ACTION-256 OPEN Create new primer issue related to 4262<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/256> Monica Martin 2007-03-21

ACTION-257<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/257> OPEN Publish revised WSDL1.1 Identifiers document as WD <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/257> Felix Sasaki 2007-03-21

ACTION-258 OPEN Double check that the republished Attachments document reflects the latest WSDL1.1 Identifiers draft<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/258> Editors 2007-03-21

ACTION-259 OPEN Provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/259> Maryann Hondo 2007-03-21

ACTION-260<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/260> OPEN Provide revised proposal for 4074<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/260> Maryann Hondo 2007-03-21

ACTION-262 OPEN And Felix to send a note to the chairs list (esp. the usual liaison WGs) about the re-publication of the framework and attachment docs<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/262> Paul Cotton 2007-04-04

ACTION-263<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/263> OPEN Contact addressing WG to find out their schedule regarding policy assertion<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/263> Christopher Ferris 2007-04-04
DONE. See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-archive/2007Mar/0573.html

ACTION-264 OPEN Update the dashboard with negative tests<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/264> Asir Vedamuthu 2007-04-04

ACTION-265 OPEN Update the dashboard summary with negative tests<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/265> Christopher Ferris 2007-04-04

ACTION-266 OPEN Check the dashboard summary representation to make sure they are properly corrected<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/266> Christopher Ferris 2007-04-04

ACTION-267 OPEN Convey resolution of 4394 to the commentor<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/267> Asir Vedamuthu 2007-04-04

ACTION-268<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/268> OPEN Think about proposal from paul: taking a subset of the BPs and see how long it will take them to give revised sections back<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/268> Editors 2007-04-04

6. Liaison items

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata specification
Email to WS-A WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html

Consolidated list of Alternatives A thru D to resolved WS ADDR LC comment
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0027.html
Note: I am not proposing we discuss this at this meeting.  This is being processed by the WS-Addressing WG.

a) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.

7. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios, Release-1-20070322
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html

b) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322
Status: We are still looking for more Round1 and Round2 results.

8. CR issues

a) Issue 4318: [All docs] Which WS-SecurityPolicy version should be used as a reference
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4318
Status: Currently on hold until later in CR.

b) ACTION-252 Fabian to open new follow-up issue to 4370
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4370

9. Primer issues

a) Issue 4393: Add text to strict and lax policy intersection discussion describing how a policy consumer can determine issues due to intersection mode conflicts
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4393

ACTION-255 Charlton Barreto to open new primer issue to relate to the discussion of 4292
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0124.html
Status: Awaiting revised change proposal and more email discussion.

b) ACTION-256 Monica to create new primer issue related to 4262 Monica Martin 2007-03-21

c) Versioning and extensibility in primer needs cleanup, Maryann Hondo
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4414
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0111.html
Status: Awaiting diff markup proposal and more email discussion.

10. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html
Status: Awaiting diff markup proposal and more email discussion.

b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074

11. Guideline issues, Part 2
Status: These issues will processed against the next public WD.

a) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html
Proposal from IBM/MSFT:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0069.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0071.html
Status: Awaiting input from Editors.

b) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on Issue 3989.

12. Any other business

13. Adjournment

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295
Received on Wednesday, 4 April 2007 02:49:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:49 GMT